Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 2 Amex Charge Cards -- Need to close 1 - Advice/ questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for 2 Amex Charge Cards -- Need to close 1 - Advice/ questions

Hello Everyone 

A few days ago I decided to apply for an amex charge card, my dream card was the platnum but I had originally decided to app for the zync because I did not think i would be able to get anything else of my limited credit history(less than 1 year ) but I found that the zync had been discontinued so I decided to give green a shot and to my shock i was instantly approved , but this morning i decided to just go for platnum since that was what I originally wanted and again I was instantly approved 

So now my question is what is the best way to go about cancelling the green card and keeping the platnum, should I do it now or wait ?? I obviously have no need for 2 amex charge cards especially when one of them has a $450 fee .  and will this affect my credit score or my relationship with AMEX ??? 

Thanks everyone .

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for 2 Amex Charge Cards -- Need to close 1 - Advice/ questions

Just call new accounts and tell them you don't want the green, they'll be more than happy to bill you the $450 for the plat.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 2 of 5
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

Just call new accounts and tell them you don't want the green, they'll be more than happy to bill you the $450 for the plat.

^^^That

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Anyone get throu with it !?? I would love to change my green to gold and get the bonus 25000 or something ??? It's worth like 250 dollars right !??

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 5
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.