cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 3 Denied 1, but no complaints.

tag
Nimar

Approved for 3 Denied 1, but no complaints.

Brand new to site. First post, but I’ve read comments and already applied what I’ve learned. Saw that I prequal on both Card sites & CK and went for it. Approved for: Amex Blue Cash $500, Southwest $2K and Discover IT Secured opened with $300.Pre-qualified for Chase Freedom per Chase & Credit Karma But was denied, all on same Day as above approvals. Data Points: one SL $60k. paid off outstanding cards, last one 3 mths ago. Macys, Capitol one & JCP. Gap closed card because of periodic credit review.
At time of application: per CK, TU= 690, Equifax =670. 4 HI from trying to get Student loans in August. Utilazation at 3% 4mths ago opened VS $250 & Khols $300. 1 1/2 Years ago Capitol one secured at $1000.00/ CLI of 300.
VS= 0/250, Khols 0/300 & CO $30/1300. Scores have already taken a dip, but I’m excited to be back in the game. Feels good to pay off bills and allowed another chance. I’m thinking about opening a checking account with Pen Fed just to establish a relationship. Truly appreciate this site.

Less than 1 month - Seedling
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for 3 Denied 1, but no complaints.

Good luck your building your credit up.
I got approved the past 2 months for 4500 chase freedom and 4000 discover and 2000 amex everyday cards.
Today I just got declined for a penfed powercash visa saying i didnt have enough income and I had too many accounts..i Only have 4 open accounts and my gross income is 95k with 717 equifax,6%uti.but I just read someone got approved for 10k
With a 640 score and 15 inquiries. So you may have better luck then me.regards
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on all the approvals! Head on over to the Garden and join us and watch how those seeds grow within a few months. You can always try for the Freedom once those accounts have grown and your credit profile gets stronger. 

@Nimar wrote:
Brand new to site. First post, but I’ve read comments and already applied what I’ve learned. Saw that I prequal on both Card sites & CK and went for it. Approved for: Amex Blue Cash $500, Southwest $2K and Discover IT Secured opened with $300.Pre-qualified for Chase Freedom per Chase & Credit Karma But was denied, all on same Day as above approvals. Data Points: one SL $60k. paid off outstanding cards, last one 3 mths ago. Macys, Capitol one & JCP. Gap closed card because of periodic credit review.
At time of application: per CK, TU= 690, Equifax =670. 4 HI from trying to get Student loans in August. Utilazation at 3% 4mths ago opened VS $250 & Khols $300. 1 1/2 Years ago Capitol one secured at $1000.00/ CLI of 300.
VS= 0/250, Khols 0/300 & CO $30/1300. Scores have already taken a dip, but I’m excited to be back in the game. Feels good to pay off bills and allowed another chance. I’m thinking about opening a checking account with Pen Fed just to establish a relationship. Truly appreciate this site.

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the forum guys, or girlsSmiley Wink. Good job on approvals.

To poster who got denied PF due to low income, that cant be it at 95k, lol, if you made what i make sure, they dont like low income peeps, but hopefully theyll hook you up eventually. 95k opens lots of doors if you use what credit you are given responsiblySmiley Wink
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed denied me also a while back with same income. Said it was too low. I'm a union crane operator; I guess I ain't got it like those Washington, DC taxpayer paid government employees. I should have stayed in the Army 30 years ago. Lol
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Stop relying on credit karma for scores as they’re useless entertainment scores. They may show your scores improving or going down and it’s the opposite of what happens to your FICO scores.

You will get a free TU FICO from discover with your card. They also offer a free EX FICO to anyone who wants it via creditscorecard.com
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome! and Congrats.

Message 7 of 11
Nimar

@ABCD2199 - Ahhhh... It makes sense now. Thank you for the advice. I’m still trying to figure everything out.
Message 8 of 11
Nimar

LOL.
Are you going to apply to Pen Fed again?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nimar wrote:

Did you call and talk to Chase?

When I apped for my CSR and freedom same day I was denied by the computer for the Freedom, but when I called the person just overid the computer and said said the freedom was auto denied due to applying for 2 cards same day. Approved for both next day. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.