Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 8 credit cards in 30 days

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for 8 credit cards in 30 days

I remember the old thread "pictures of your plastic" and there were alot of people who had 20+ cards so its not out of the ordinary. Just all about keeping them together on whatever software...mint...pageonce....excel..etc. Congrats on your spree. Something that a few posters did who had alot of cc's were to make photo copys of all there cards front and back and keep them in a safe.

Message 11 of 15
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@nishant1 wrote:

I got approved for 8 credit cards in last 30 days.

PenFed Highest credit line-  Multiples of tens of thousands while Two stores cards- Kohls and Target are the lowest credit line- Just a little over 1K. Visa - 5, Master card- 1, Average credit line of all 8 cards is $8500. No annual fee credit card in these 6.

Worth mentioning addition is 2% cashback Priceline visa which will be used only for Walmart for items which are not available from ShopDiscover.

This makes my total number cards to 28.

I will stop for a year before thinking of a new one and may cancel some like Citi Dividend, Chase Amazon etc.

Congrats on your additions, but 28 thats a little much right?

I agree with Nicholas you should grow your cards to get higher limits instead it being spread a part 

I hardly think a mean of 8.5k across 8 credit lines, including multiple store cards which are notorious for low starting cls, should be categorized as toy limits. 

I agree with you also they are not toy limits at all; I just think he should focus on growing his cards to get higher limits.

Also I think I have wayyy to much cards and I toss stones at myself Smiley Very Happy 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 15
jake619
Frequent Contributor

I love these 'step away from the keyboard' threads!
Message 13 of 15
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@nishant1 wrote:

I got approved for 8 credit cards in last 30 days.

PenFed Highest credit line-  Multiples of tens of thousands while Two stores cards- Kohls and Target are the lowest credit line- Just a little over 1K. Visa - 5, Master card- 1, Average credit line of all 8 cards is $8500. No annual fee credit card in these 6.

Worth mentioning addition is 2% cashback Priceline visa which will be used only for Walmart for items which are not available from ShopDiscover.

This makes my total number cards to 28.

I will stop for a year before thinking of a new one and may cancel some like Citi Dividend, Chase Amazon etc.

Congrats on your additions, but 28 thats a little much right?

I agree with Nicholas you should grow your cards to get higher limits instead it being spread a part 

I hardly think a mean of 8.5k across 8 credit lines, including multiple store cards which are notorious for low starting cls, should be categorized as toy limits. 

I agree with you also they are not toy limits at all; I just think he should focus on growing his cards to get higher limits.

Also I think I have wayyy to much cards and I toss stones at myself Smiley Very Happy 

I didn't really mean for my post to be snarky so hopefully it wasn't construed that way.

28 accounts is definitely alot. I guess what I was trying to point out is that the op wasn't really seeing diminishing returns in the form of either lower limit approvals or outright denials and seems to have a credit profile which supports multiple high limit tls. Of course if op continues to app, then there will be diminishing returns in the form of aforementioned lower limit approvals or outright denials. As a result it would probably be advisable for the op to hold off on apping for the foreseeable future, and focus on growing existing tls, so I take your point in that respect.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 14 of 15
nishant1
New Contributor

I donot understand what you mean by Toy credit line. I got  $68,000 credit line from these 8 new cards.

Of these, two stores cards are Kohls and Target which are little over $1000 each.

That leaves $66000 from 6 cards. Almost each more than $10,000.

Is $10,000 each a toy credit line? I donot think so.

May it was incorrect reading of $8,500 for all 8 cards which is not the case.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.