cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 9th Chase card!!! Southwest airlines!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for 9th Chase card!!! Southwest airlines!!!!

I can't see Chase going after anyone they've granted a few cards. Maybe 6 - 7+, but I can't see how getting 2, 3, 4 Chase cards relatively back to back would cause them to take AA. Hell, if they were taking AA against people they approved for multiple cards, they'd change their approval policy immediately. It makes no sense that they approve you for several cards, and than shut you down. While I'm not stating what you say is untrue, I just have to believe with 183K parked in their bank, their has to be alot more to this story. I cannot see a bank taking the chance to piss off a customer who happens to have 9 of their CC's, and, oh by the way, also has almost 200K sitting in their bank. What's the rest of the story ?? Thanks !!!
Message 41 of 123
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't see Chase going after anyone they've granted a few cards. Maybe 6 - 7+, but I can't see how getting 2, 3, 4 Chase cards relatively back to back would cause them to take AA. Hell, if they were taking AA against people they approved for multiple cards, they'd change their approval policy immediately. It makes no sense that they approve you for several cards, and than shut you down. While I'm not stating what you say is untrue, I just have to believe with 183K parked in their bank, their has to be alot more to this story. I cannot see a bank taking the chance to piss off a customer who happens to have 9 of their CC's, and, oh by the way, also has almost 200K sitting in their bank. What's the rest of the story ?? Thanks !!!

Thats the story,I pulled all of the money out and closed most of my accounts except my business checking,fast forward to a month ago,I put $100K back in and i got 2 cards from them

Message 42 of 123
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats the story,I pulled all of the money out and closed most of my accounts except my business checking,fast forward to a month ago,I put $100K back in and i got 2 cards from them

Was that 100K predicated on minimum CPC entry (least I think it's still 100k for the trial run?) or some other rationale?

Not sure with your godlike limit acquisitions that your datapoint is anything but an absurd outlier even on this forum haha, but it's interesting to be sure.  Something has spooked Chase as of late apparently, might've started sooner in some form or fashion.

        
Message 43 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

You say they took AA against you based "on having too much available credit". What were your CL's on your card's ??? With 183K sitting in their bank, I'm going to say your cards certainly did not have 5K CL's. I'm going to guess across 9 of your Chase card's you had well over 100K in exposure, possibly significantly more. No way they'd take AA based on "too much available credit" if you had, say 9 cards and 50K - 60K in CL's.
I don't believe your situation is the "norm" with Chase, and people with multiple Chase card's have little to worry about, in my opinion.
Message 44 of 123
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You say they took AA against you based "on having too much available credit". What were your CL's on your card's ??? With 183K sitting in their bank, I'm going to say your cards certainly did not have 5K CL's. I'm going to guess across 9 of your Chase card's you had well over 100K in exposure, possibly significantly more. No way they'd take AA based on "too much available credit" if you had, say 9 cards and 50K - 60K in CL's.
I don't believe your situation is the "norm" with Chase, and people with multiple Chase card's have little to worry about, in my opinion.I have $900

I have $900K in available personal credit,800's scores across all 3 credit reports,I make about $160K per year less then 1% utilty

Message 45 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. So 160K salary and 900K in available credit. And you're wondering why Chase took AA based on "too much available credit" ??? I believe if you were making 500K and had 900K in available credit, you'd have no issues with Chase and AA. But no offense, having 4 to 5 times your gross salary in unsecured available credit is of course going to cause most lender's to seek AA. Think of it this way: a person making 50K salary and having 250K in available CC accounts. Doesn't that push the boundary, and in reality, leave the lender greatly exposed. I believe so. Your in that same category, whether you believe it or not. And having 800 scores, - 1% UTI, etc... isn't going to change it. The exposure is still there, and Chase choose to curb their liability. I don't think your situation even remotely resembles Booboo's having 9 Chase account's.
Message 46 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't take anything I'm saying as a personal attack. Please accept my apologies if my post's came across in that fashion. I just don't believe your situation and Chase experience falls in the "norm", or has bearing on most of the average ops, like Booboo, here. That's all. Peace 😁😁.
Message 47 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's not get too far off topic and derail Booboo's thread about his approval.  The topic of exposure with a Chase and other banks is certainly worth discussing but it would be better in other forums and threads.

Message 48 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's not get too far off topic and derail Booboo's thread about his approval.  The topic of exposure with a Chase and other banks is certainly worth discussing but it would be better in other forums and threads.

Or "her" approval. 😁😁😁

Message 49 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 50 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.