cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 9th Chase card!!! Southwest airlines!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for 9th Chase card!!! Southwest airlines!!!!

@Booboo71 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's not get too far off topic and derail Booboo's thread about his approval.  The topic of exposure with a Chase and other banks is certainly worth discussing but it would be better in other forums and threads.

Im a Female!!!!! My husband calls me booboo! lol I have no idea why either!! Especially since he is Asian! lol

My apologies.  Congrats again on the card.

Message 61 of 123
Booboo71
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's not get too far off topic and derail Booboo's thread about his approval.  The topic of exposure with a Chase and other banks is certainly worth discussing but it would be better in other forums and threads.

Hopefully, no major issues will occur with Booboo's Chase CCs.  Yet, it's definitely an interesting outcome given the recent number of acquired Chase CCs (mostly co-branded) in such a short time period.

So, Irish, which new Chase CC are you considering and about what timeframe?

Well I really want the Ink Plus but I don't know if it is falling under the same new rules as the CSP, Freedom and Slate.  Otherwise either the Marriott or Explorer and time wise is from now until couple months.  It depends on how long I can flight he urge.  

I've seen mixed results about Ink applications given the recent U/W changes for their mainline CCs.  Now, the Explorer would be a great addition to your portfolio (great for UA miles (UR) or via Star Alliance partners (hint hint Air NZ) for your trip to Sydney).  Now Marriott, wouldn't that kind of overlap with Ritz as far as the loyalty program - other than the added sign-up bonus?  I'd keep the Ritz of course given the perks.  I'm sure the urge will be unleashed in no time!

Sorry Booboo for the thread hijack... you got us talking about Chase cards again Smiley Wink

No problem! thats what its for!

Message 62 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully, no major issues will occur with Booboo's Chase CCs.  Yet, it's definitely an interesting outcome given the recent number of acquired Chase CCs (mostly co-branded) in such a short time period.

So, Irish, which new Chase CC are you considering and about what timeframe?

Well I really want the Ink Plus but I don't know if it is falling under the same new rules as the CSP, Freedom and Slate.  Otherwise either the Marriott or Explorer and time wise is from now until couple months.  It depends on how long I can flight he urge.  

I've seen mixed results about Ink applications given the recent U/W changes for their mainline CCs.  Now, the Explorer would be a great addition to your portfolio (great for UA miles (UR) or via Star Alliance partners (hint hint Air NZ) for your trip to Sydney).  Now Marriott, wouldn't that kind of overlap with Ritz as far as the loyalty program - other than the added sign-up bonus?  I'd keep the Ritz of course given the perks.  I'm sure the urge will be unleashed in no time!

Sorry Booboo for the thread hijack... you got us talking about Chase cards again Smiley Wink

Yeah, you're right.  The UA card would be better for my wants/needs.  I  totally forgot about the partnership with Air NZ.  The only upside to the Marriott is the bonus but afterwards it's pretty useless with the Ritz and I have no intention of giving up that card.

Message 63 of 123
NY2014
Established Contributor

Congrats Booboo71  (NOT Revised)Smiley Tongue

First of all  "BIG HUGE CONGRAT!"  I feel yah  that Chase Bear you caught him hibernating  LOL,  but seriously I do somewhat agree you Booboo71 in regards chase closing accounts,sure they do reviews, that, 

"circumstances Might for other people like maybe closing accounts and reopening accounts for bonuses or buying tons of gift cards to make their spen"

For myself. I started to worry I was next, I would wake up  middle of the night checking my Chases's, balances if CLD,or still there,I it got to the point a few times going to make  (pur-chase)  Honestly i have no reasons for them to close my accounts ! .

But  i do totally agree,you on the subject " if they want to close my accounts, then so be it," I dont depend on chase products, it I have t to worry about spending to much or to less, I really felt  My cards had a warning system built in my CSP, because everytime i went over a certain amount , declined, an alerts and locks down my card somewhat an  embarrassment when you pull out there card.I  I have  2 accounts with chase. business and personal, So I just stoped using chase CSP, was approved for $20k NSL,

I called  in to chase,mostly before I make a large charge  Allways (PIF) Chase told them i was going to make a large purchase  got to the Apple store,' Declined'., but only charged my ,Amex 10/11k a month never had no problem, so Booboo,17  9  , think your good enough,Start on Capital one, I think they have good products, they wont close you down .LOL, just got to start gardening   But booboo71  80 inquires wow you must me a blood kin to Creditaddicted LOL .J/K

Smiley Tongue

Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 64 of 123
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Thank you NY2014! I appreciate the advice Smiley Wink. Sorry about the issues with you CSP. That particular card I cannot get!

Message 65 of 123
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I have the Capital One QuickSilver was offered the Venture to replace it by Capital One if i wanted to the other day. I said no as I have 6500 on the quicksilver as CL and was not sure if it would drop or what. What do you think does it matter if it's Quicksilver or Venture what will give me the highest CL ? I could use several about now. My score went up Experian FICO 44 points in last week over having high utilizaion and pulling it down SLOW SLOW but surely 3000 at a time of 10,000 - 12,000. Every good payment or card that had 5000 I pay to zero I get a huge spike, Simulator says if I pay them all off FICO projection is 804. Was 764 this morning.

Thanks for any and all answers. 

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 66 of 123
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok. So 160K salary and 900K in available credit. And you're wondering why Chase took AA based on "too much available credit" ??? I believe if you were making 500K and had 900K in available credit, you'd have no issues with Chase and AA. But no offense, having 4 to 5 times your gross salary in unsecured available credit is of course going to cause most lender's to seek AA. Think of it this way: a person making 50K salary and having 250K in available CC accounts. Doesn't that push the boundary, and in reality, leave the lender greatly exposed. I believe so. Your in that same category, whether you believe it or not. And having 800 scores, - 1% UTI, etc... isn't going to change it. The exposure is still there, and Chase choose to curb their liability. I don't think your situation even remotely resembles Booboo's having 9 Chase account's.

I mean no offense but not everyone's financial situation is the same as yours (or mine) or anyone elses: doesn't do well to view things through the lens of your own personal experience and financial situtation.

Two simple facts from this thread even discounting the long history he has here:

• He runs a business, which suggests far higher expense / reimbursement issues than normal
  • Casually moving $100K into a personal account at Chase.

Limits are based on far more than income and FICO score, I wouldn't try to read too much into income vs. limits even compared to my situation (if I had wanted to push my limits forward) even though I make what Sandman has declared, fact is our assets and expense profiles are likely nowhere close and I know I don't suck in that regard at least on the cash assets side (until mortgage closes but c'est la vie, budgetting for the first time, ever in my life).

For all we know Chase was trying to put lipstick on the pig when it came to their 10Q that quarter.  Re-establishing the accounts at least demonstrates they still wanted his business.

To give a little more info,I had 6 business cards and 3 personal card,There was never any MS done with my accounts,I put my business expense's on the business credit cards and I used the personal cards for everyday use,I had 7 co-branded and 2 not branded, Ink plus and CSP,The co-branded was tried into the airlines I few on and the hotels I've stayed at while I traveled,I think what spooked them was opening to many chase cards too fast.I only had $53K in exposure with chase spread across 9 cards,I ran about $10K a month thur my busniness cards a month and about $2K thur my personal cards a month,Always paid in full and never carried a balance,The last 4 I've opened was done in a 4 month time frame,Even the EO would not re-open the accounts,They told me to wait 6 months and keep new applications for credit to a bear mim.I was able to get the ink plus back and the RC back,For the ink plus I had my banker send in a what my assests and liabilties where,My assests are well into the 7 figures,I have no debt and I own my house free and clear and my business is owned free and clear and shows a very good profit year after year

Message 67 of 123
paramed3
Regular Contributor

LORD 80 and I get pissed at 2 when I have to have them. 80 is like unreal. The guy that said he made 500k a year I have no idea what he does but Credit over 720 would be the last thing on my mind. I would own a home in 5 places in the workd.

Paramed3

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 68 of 123
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Booboo you are crazy!!!  You are poking that bear with an electric rod

Congrats!

There's poking. And there's hitting it with a sledge hammer.yikes!!! 9 with same lender. No way. 

Message 69 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

BooBoo,

I'm curious how your scores ranged when apping for these various Chase card, if you don't mind?

Message 70 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.