Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Platinum & CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for AMEX Platinum & CSP

Had scores in the 650s about 2 and a half years ago and started working on my finances to fix it. Gardened for a while and got to an EX 750, TU 779 and not sure if Navy Fed has a true Fico but it showed EQ as 791. Decided to finally apply for new cards and went with the CSP on 9/5 and was approved for 12k!! The website said that it was under review, but decided to call and see what happens! Had to verify my identification but was approved right after. On 9/12 I decided to apply for AMEX Platinum and got the same message. Called them up and verified my identification and was approved almost instantly after that! So excited for the signup bonuses and everything these cards have to offer! Already hit the 5k bonus for adding an authorized user for the CSP and also on track to hit the 50k signup bonus by next week! so excited! 

A little side note- i accidentally left my EX credit report locked which is partially why my AMEX was stopped. I immediately unlocked it and called them a few days later to finish the application and the HP ended up on my TU which i thought was weird from AMEX. The AMEX rep told me that it was stopped beause i put in the wrong address when i signed up. My mailing address is an FPO/AP address and they didnt have that option so i put the state as California lol. 

My CSP was a HP on my EX report. I was a lurker on the forums but I wanted to thank everyone for the help because i read all the advice and followed what others have done before me. Thanks for all the guidance! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AMEX Platinum & CSP

@Anonymous wrote:

Had scores in the 650s about 2 and a half years ago and started working on my finances to fix it. Gardened for a while and got to an EX 750, TU 779 and not sure if Navy Fed has a true Fico but it showed EQ as 791. Decided to finally apply for new cards and went with the CSP on 9/5 and was approved for 12k!! The website said that it was under review, but decided to call and see what happens! Had to verify my identification but was approved right after. On 9/12 I decided to apply for AMEX Platinum and got the same message. Called them up and verified my identification and was approved almost instantly after that! So excited for the signup bonuses and everything these cards have to offer! Already hit the 5k bonus for adding an authorized user for the CSP and also on track to hit the 50k signup bonus by next week! so excited! 

A little side note- i accidentally left my EX credit report locked which is partially why my AMEX was stopped. I immediately unlocked it and called them a few days later to finish the application and the HP ended up on my TU which i thought was weird from AMEX. The AMEX rep told me that it was stopped beause i put in the wrong address when i signed up. My mailing address is an FPO/AP address and they didnt have that option so i put the state as California lol. 

My CSP was a HP on my EX report. I was a lurker on the forums but I wanted to thank everyone for the help because i read all the advice and followed what others have done before me. Thanks for all the guidance! 

Welcome to MyFICO

Congrats on on your two very nice approvals and great job on the rebuilding.

FYI- The score from Navy is indeed a FICO Score.  It is a FICO 09 score.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to MyFICO

Congrats on on your two very nice approvals and great job on the rebuilding.

FYI- The score from Navy is indeed a FICO Score.  It is a FICO 09 score.

Thanks! and that's good to know about NavFed. 

Message 3 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Very nice.

Message 4 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats and Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.