Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for American Express BCE (10K) - Question about CLI

tag
Hooosier
Contributor

Approved for American Express BCE (10K) - Question about CLI

Thanks to the help I've received from reading so many threads on these forums, I applied for the American Express BCE card yesterday and was approved with a 10K CL.  Now, I've read about being able to get a 3x CLI after 61 days, so in this case it would increase my CL to a huge 30K.  I currently have a USAA World MC with 15K CL, and Chase Freedom with 10K CL so I do show some history with pretty large CL cards.  I plan on using the new AmEx quite a bit over the next couple months to show regular use - do you think I would qualify for the 3x CLI up to 30K assuming my score stays are 730?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for American Express BCE (10K) - Question about CLI

I just got my 3x CLI today...not $30,000 but it was was nice.  I think for CLI that exceeds $25,000 they ask for a 4506T.

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 2 of 13
baseball1313
Valued Member

Congrats!  BCE is my next app. Seems like a good card. How do you like it?

My Wallet- , AMEX Green (npsl), DiscoverIT- $8,500. Home Depot CC (Citi) $4,000. Care Credit CC- $12,800. BankAmericard - $900. Express(Comneity)- $550

TU FICO: 723 (6/24/13)
EQ FICO: 686(5/23/13)
EX FICO (AMEX PULL): 690(6/3/13)

Message 3 of 13
Express
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

I would keep it under or at $25,000 to avoid a FR.

CL $408,200
Message 4 of 13
Hooosier
Contributor

@baseball1313 wrote:

Congrats!  BCE is my next app. Seems like a good card. How do you like it?

It hasn't even arrived in the mail yet, so it's tough to say but hey, they approved me for 10K so that's a good start in my book!

Message 5 of 13
Hooosier
Contributor

@Express wrote:

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

I would keep it under or at $25,000 to avoid a FR.

Thanks!  I had forgotten about the 25K FR - I definitely don't want to go down that road.

Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 13
vn25
Valued Member

Congrats on the approval!
I'm in your shoes except with the BCP and 9k approval...I don't know what to ask for on day 61..

If I ask for the full 25k and they wont give it, does amex counteroffer or just flat out say no?
Message 8 of 13
JonStur
Established Contributor

@vn25 wrote:
Congrats on the approval!
I'm in your shoes except with the BCP and 9k approval...I don't know what to ask for on day 61..

If I ask for the full 25k and they wont give it, does amex counteroffer or just flat out say no?

You should get a counter...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Patience would be the key here, I personally plan on growing to the high limits slowly, I have a 7500 CL limit currently next step will probably be to 12.5k or 15k, then after 6 more months up to 20k, and then 24k, and then the next step will be 30k my card will be 4 years old by then and the last step is only 25% so a lot less likely of requiring financial documents or other hoops to jump through.There are other posts of people with a longer history of AMEX getting limits over 25k with no documents required.

AMEX is all about slow and steady force their hand and they may request proof that you are good for it. With slower increases your other cards may grow with your AMEX, if the jump is too big your other creditors may decide the card is an outlier and shouldn't influence your future CLI's. This is just my theory, but with the number of NFCU card holders out there with 10-30k CL's yet most of there other cards stuck at 2-3k level provide good evidence that prime lenders may not consider cards with very high limits compared to the  rest of the report.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.