cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Blue Everyday and Discover IT on the same day.... and THEN....

tag
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Approved for Amex Blue Everyday and Discover IT on the same day.... and THEN....

So... I paid off all of my credit card balances and let them report... then decided to try my luck at Discover... and was approved for $1000.  So, I said what the heck, and applied for the Amex Blue and was approved for $2000... 3 weeks later I log in to pay my cc bills, and to my surprise I had a message from Walmart saying I was approved for their Discover card with a $2200 limit (only had a $750 store card limit).  I then went to pay my Old Navy bill and guess what??  They auto approved me for their Visa card with a $1700 limit (only had a $700 store card limit)....  I'm pretty excited.  I didn't want the extra credit, but I'll gladly activate the cards then lock them away to increase the difference for my util.    My goal is to get one prime cc with at least a $5000 limit on one single card... and it's feeling like it's right around the corner!!!

It's so crazy to think that  less than 3 years ago I was living in a run down apartment in a rough neighborhood... and hadn't had a single credit card for 10 years... 

In Sept of 2011, I had got a Capital One secured card... with a $200 limit, by Jan of 2012 my credit scores were high enough to seriously consider buying a house... In Feb of 2012 I started working with a realtor, March of 2012 I went under contract on a short sale, Sept of 2012 I closed on my house... March 2013 I purchased a new car, now it's May 2014 and I have 15 credit card accounts.... and credit scores in the 700's.  I don't mean to ramble, but I hope that gives someone hope!!

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex Blue Everyday and Discover IT on the same day.... and THEN....

Congrats on moving in the world of prime credit. Feels good!
Message 2 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Blue Everyday and Discover IT on the same day.... and THEN....

congrats

Message 3 of 14
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on that excellent progress!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 14
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@LondonMassey wrote:

So... I paid off all of my credit card balances and let them report... then decided to try my luck at Discover... and was approved for $1000.  So, I said what the heck, and applied for the Amex Blue and was approved for $2000... 3 weeks later I log in to pay my cc bills, and to my surprise I had a message from Walmart saying I was approved for their Discover card with a $2200 limit (only had a $750 store card limit).  I then went to pay my Old Navy bill and guess what??  They auto approved me for their Visa card with a $1700 limit (only had a $700 store card limit)....  I'm pretty excited.  I didn't want the extra credit, but I'll gladly activate the cards then lock them away to increase the difference for my util.    My goal is to get one prime cc with at least a $5000 limit on one single card... and it's feeling like it's right around the corner!!!

It's so crazy to think that  less than 3 years ago I was living in a run down apartment in a rough neighborhood... and hadn't had a single credit card for 10 years... 

In Sept of 2011, I had got a Capital One secured card... with a $200 limit, by Jan of 2012 my credit scores were high enough to seriously consider buying a house... In Feb of 2012 I started working with a realtor, March of 2012 I went under contract on a short sale, Sept of 2012 I closed on my house... March 2013 I purchased a new car, now it's May 2014 and I have 15 credit card accounts.... and credit scores in the 700's.  I don't mean to ramble, but I hope that gives someone hope!!

Congrats! What I like when people share their story is to see that it doesn't happen over night but that people can fix their situation!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 5 of 14
bigB12
Established Member

Congrats and thanks for the encouraging post!

Message 6 of 14
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story.

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 7 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your success and new cards Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 14
Ewing3

Congratulations! That is amazing

Cards as of 5/13/2014 – Listed in order received – Mouse over for name, limits, and day received

TU FICO via Barclay – 748; Card Carrying Garden Member As of 5/12/2014, Gardening (at least) until early 2015!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.