Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex EveryDay

tag
dude11
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex EveryDay

Thanks for the info and the welcoming. Actually this will be my 3rd Amex however it is my current active Amex. I had an Amex Blue back in 07 which then I defaulted on. I did pay it back and was in Amex's good graces. I then owend a Zync with a hard $500 limit which I ended up closing maybe a year ago. I didn't see the need for the Zync so I closed it.

Happy to get approved for a real credit card from Amex again though. I'm not sure what my EX score was but I will post once I get the letter on the mail.

Message 11 of 18
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your AMEX approval!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 12 of 18
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@dude11 wrote:

Hi myFICO peoples, I was approved for the new Amex EveryDay card and received a paltry $500 limit. It's been mentioned over and over that most people can get a 3x CLI after 61 days. I would like to request for a higher limit after the 61 days but since the limit is so small, should I aim for more than 3x? If so, should I just ask for a crazy number and hope Amex would counter offer assuming I qualified for a CLI?

Any help, suggestions, or tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 13 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I don't see the harm in requesting 2,3,4k I mean what's the worst that can happen? No? 1.5K? 1k? 750? Any increase is a good one, to me. I know you're happy to have an Amex again.. and you have to love the backdating! Smiley Very Happy Congrats!
Message 14 of 18
dude11
Regular Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

Congrats on the approval, What was your Experian score?

Just received my card yesterday with my score and it was 663.

Now I do have another question. My new card says I'm a member since 14, but online shows I'm a member since 07. I called Amex yesterday to inquire about this and the lady told me that the card was showing the member since 14 year correctly since that is when I acquired it. I believe I have read in the past people having this similar issue. Is this something new? I know when I got my Zync it had the member since 07 year on there which I did not request for.

Should I bother trying to get a new card with the member since 07?

Message 15 of 18
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

congrats on  your Everyday card!! 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 16 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@dude11 wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

Congrats on the approval, What was your Experian score?

Just received my card yesterday with my score and it was 663.

Now I do have another question. My new card says I'm a member since 14, but online shows I'm a member since 07. I called Amex yesterday to inquire about this and the lady told me that the card was showing the member since 14 year correctly since that is when I acquired it. I believe I have read in the past people having this similar issue. Is this something new? I know when I got my Zync it had the member since 07 year on there which I did not request for.

Should I bother trying to get a new card with the member since 07?

They should be able to correct this real easily...just tell them you'd like a new card to refect your real member since date.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 17 of 18
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your AMEX approval!  I'm looking to join that family by the end of the year. Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.