Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Platinum card!

tag
dstew201
Regular Contributor

Approved for Amex Platinum card!

Soooooooooooo, now I need to decide which card stays  ... Amex Platinum, Ritz Carlton, or United Mileage Plus Club!!!     Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Platinum card!

@dstew201 wrote:

Soooooooooooo, now I need to decide which card stays  ... Amex Platinum, Ritz Carlton, or United Mileage Plus Club!!!     Smiley Sad

Dump UMP Club.  If you spend 10k on Ritz keep it you for gold status.  With $500 in airline reimbursement you can use for baggage and lounges other than priority pass and delta (if flying).

EDP gets all my swipes, rarely does plat except for booking FHR, car rentals and Amex offers.

I'm also assuming that since you were approved, amex wouldn't on the block.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Grats after first year Ritz makes most sense in your line-up due to $300 back on travel making it a 95$ af CC.. Assuming you stay at marrriot/Ritz properties among other things

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dstew201 wrote:

Congrats, I will go with the Ritz Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats, dump the UMP. 

Message 7 of 8
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I was considering going for a Platinum originally with all of the traveling I do in a year but I really don't feel a $450 a year card fits with me. Maybe once I crack the 100k income line I will feel differently. Call me cheap Smiley Tongue

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.