cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for BCE!!! Updated: Received my card! Member since 13!

tag
SquareObsidian
Established Member

Approved for BCE!!! Updated: Received my card! Member since 13!

At the urging and advice of some frequent contributors here on the forums, I went ahead and pulled the trigger to app for the Amex BCE, and to my surprise, I was instantly approved! I am very pleased to be able to become a part of the Amex family. The only thing I noticed is that t didn't provide me information on my credit limit. Is there an automated number that I can call and check on this?

NOW I will definitely be heading off to the garden. 

:3

I've become addicted to working on my credit after finding this forum, thank you guys for being the credit junkies that you are. ♥

Update 10/15/13

SquareObsidian wrote:

I received my card today! Happy to say it made it safe and sound. Activated it without any problems. 

I have to say that I am very excited to use this card.  The rewards on top of what AMEX stands for is just amazing.

I am probably going to end up babying this thing.

Staying in the garden for sure, however, super excited to go for the 3x CLI at 61 days! ♥

If I read things correctly it's 61 days from the opening day, correct? So for my my opening day is Oct. 9th, 2013.. (Which reads as the since date on my recent activity.)

...so my first chance for the 3x is on..January 2nd of 2014? Haha, a week or so before my birthday.

Let's see if AMEX wants to give me an early present!

Here's to hoping~ ♥

Amex BCE $6,000 10/13 ♥ Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13 ♥ Discover it $1,250 2/13 ♥CapitolOne Quicksilver $1250 9/12 ♥

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anthonykc
New Contributor

Re: Approved for BCE!!!

800-567-1083

Congrats, I'm Hoping you get atleast 3k
Current Score: 715 Goal Score: 775 Will Garden Soon.

CapitalOne Platinum $1.5K | CapitalOne MTV $1.5K | BestBuy Store $6K | Kays $3.5K | Military Star $2K | DiscoverIT $8K | AMEX BCE $1K Smiley Sad | NFUC Flagship $13.5K | USAA World MC $8K | USAA Rate Adv $8K | CSP 5K 10/2013 | NFCU LOC $10K
Message 2 of 29
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

You can call the automated line and it will give you the limit.

Hopefully you saw the posts about the cardmatch website and the $150 bonus for $500 spend and 12.99%.

Either way looks like an awesome card. Should have mine tomorrow or Friday.

Message 3 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 29
SquareObsidian
Established Member

Called the automated line and got approved for 2k.

Not my highest, but its not much lower. I'm still super excited.

Going to go into the garden for about a year now, save us some money in my chase savings account and then eventually app for the CSP.

Amex BCE $6,000 10/13 ♥ Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13 ♥ Discover it $1,250 2/13 ♥CapitolOne Quicksilver $1250 9/12 ♥

Message 5 of 29
red259
Super Contributor

@SquareObsidian wrote:

Going to go into the garden for about a year now, save us some money in my chase savings account and then eventually app for the CSP.

Gratz. Enjoy your time in the garden.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SquareObsidian wrote:

Congrats 

Welcome to the Amex family and see you in the garden

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 29
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

congrats and welcom to Amex family.....

Message 8 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  I knew you would get it.  Read up on the 61 day CLI if you haven't already.

Message 9 of 29
SquareObsidian
Established Member

Thanks everyone!

And I totally read the entire 3x CLI thread while I was at work before I cam home to app.

I was really on the fence about apping for an Amex but when I read that I just got really excited.

x3

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.