Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Barclaycard Rewards Aspiring Prime...have a question

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Approved for Barclaycard Rewards Aspiring Prime...have a question

Being that I just got approved for this card with a $500 CL,what is the key to building with barclays?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Barclaycard Rewards Aspiring Prime...have a question

@reno55 wrote:
Being that I just got approved for this card with a $500 CL,what is the key to building with barclays?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

@Anonymous likes BT's and carrying a balance during the promo period. People who that usually see an auto CLI @ 6 months 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
Beane
Regular Contributor

I got initially approved for a 3k limit and then called and told them I wanted to BT over 6K from another card.  They bumped my limit up to 9K to accomodate the transfer.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 3 of 15
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

use it and pay your bill ontime, they like to see use. I got the NFL rewards card in 2/13 with the same limit, they bumped me up to 2k after 6 months. I rolled the dice for the world arrival card yesterday  because of a planned trip out of country this spring and they approved me for 4k. Just do not apply for anything else in the next 6 months.

Message 4 of 15
Mads8
Established Member

Someone help! I used the prequal link & I got his...Even though they declined me almost two months ago for the rewards mastercard. I am not sure if this is different because it is ASPIRING... Do I apply? Is this legit?

Congratulations
You're pre-qualified for this Barclaycard offer.

Barclaycard Rewards Aspiring Prime
  • Earn 2 points per $1 spent on gas, groceries and utilities*
  • 1 point per dollar on all other purchases*
  • 0% intro APR for 6 months on Balance Transfers and Purchases. After that, a variable APR, currently 24.99%*
  • No Annual Fee*
  • Earn 2,500 bonus points with first purchase or balance transfer*

Cap One Quicksilver 500, Cap One Quicksilver 750, VS 400, Buckle 250, Express 300, Ann Taylor 250, Amazon Store Card 1900, Walmart 600, Barclays Financing Visa Card 2000, BestBuy MC Gold 500 Target 300
EQ 650 3/5/14
TU WALMART 675 3/5/14
Message 5 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Mads8

You've posted the same question on 3 different posts. The decision is your to apply.
Message 6 of 15
RENATO1

What was your credit score TU and how many inquiries in the last two years?

Message 7 of 15
RENATO1

I may have an answer if I know how many inquiries and late payment you have in the last 2 years. Thanks.

Message 8 of 15
CR0071

Ive got one of these cards and have heard that they will close your account if you rack up inquiries at least within the six month period after they have issued the card to you or have too much overall available credit. So if you want to at least keep the card youd want to be aware of this. I personally dont care if they take the card for any reason and their lowball offer was down right offensive.

My Wallet: US bank, Discover, Amex, Chase SP, Barclay Rewards, Navy Fed
Message 9 of 15
heavenli
Contributor

@Beane wrote:

I got initially approved for a 3k limit and then called and told them I wanted to BT over 6K from another card.  They bumped my limit up to 9K to accomodate the transfer.

Hello,

I saw your siggy how long before you were able to reestablish your credit to this level? You have some awesome CL's.. Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.