cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Best Buy MC Reward Zone!......

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Best Buy MC Reward Zone!......

I don't think they have RZMC Gold with AF any more. They only have RZMC Platinum with No AF and store cards.

Message 11 of 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

That's what I was seeing too, but it seems like people have recently reported getting plan B RZ MC.

Though, I am not sure how that would be possible since it is not disclosed in the terms.

It would be a great move to get rid of the AF version.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 23
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

Congratulations. 

I just got approved for Best Buy Store card. Actually just got the letter today saying my card is on the way. Say credit score 675.... , but its because i have alot of utilization on some cards... so it dropped. I was well over 700 last month. 

Ill let everyone know what account type i have as well. 

Message 13 of 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ Ron

Do you think if they eliminated the plan B MC that they will basically just shut out the sub prime applicant they would have otherwise had? Or will they give them the store card?

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@ Ron

Do you think if they eliminated the plan B MC that they will basically just shut out the sub prime applicant they would have otherwise had? Or will they give them the store card?

I don't know they will. The applicant will qualify for RZMC Platinum (prime card) or store card (Plan A or Plan B).  I haven't seen anyone got approved for RZMC Gold lately. I could be wrong.  I haven't seen those RZMC Gold ($100 CL) w/$59 AF. It was a couple of years ago when they were HSBC.  

Ron.

Message 15 of 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@ Ron

I don't know they will. The applicant will qualify for RZMC Platinum (prime card) or store card (Plan A or Plan B).  I haven't seen anyone got approved for RZMC Gold lately. I could be wrong.  I haven't seen those RZMC Gold ($100 CL) w/$59 AF. It was a couple of years ago when they were HSBC.  

Ron.

I mostly notice the $500 credit limit with a $39 AF.

Message 16 of 23
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I am currently on my dads cards as AU, and have wished to have a card of my own under my name. Congrats on approval!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 17 of 23
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats on the new card

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 23
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

I have BB store card with the $500 credit limit & $39 AF....... What does make mine besides a sock drawer liner?

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

I have BB store card with the $500 credit limit & $39 AF....... What does make mine besides a sock drawer liner?

I didn't know they charge AF on their store card. I thought it has no AF. Smiley Surprised

Ron.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.