Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for CSP -- CLI?

tag
zylixr

Approved for CSP -- CLI?

Greetings,

So, I am fairly new to the whole credit industry (2 years, 1 month), and fairly young at 25. I made some stupid mistakes 2 years ago by going on a spree of applying to different cards in which I was only approved for 1 (NFCU - $1,300) out of 15 or so cards. Aside from an Amazon Store Card ($400) and a secured Capital One mastercard ($350) a few months later, I laid off on applying to anything in relation to credit for almost two years to prevent myself from digging a deeper hole. Fortunately, it looks like the inquiries dropped as of last week. So, anyways, after two years of good practice with what I had, I decided to try my luck.

I decided to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Discover IT cards. I was approved for both! $10,000 and $2,000 limits on the CSP and Discover IT cards respectively. Not only that, I raised my credit limit of my NFCU visa from $1,300 to $25,000, and my Amazon card from $400 to $1,550 (all instant increases, so I'm assuming no hard pulls). I'm at $38,900 total credit with about ~$600 utilized.

Anyways, I do apologize for the random spiel. This just happens to be a big deal for me. Onto the topic, what are Chase and Discover's policy in regards to CLI. Is there a certain waiting period, and do they do hard pulls?

Much appreciated! I have learned a great deal from reading these forums over the last 2 years.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for CSP -- CLI?

Discover you must wait. Six months. Chase you can request anytime but I would wait at least six months.
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 6
zylixr

Okay, sounds good. From the looks of it, it seems people are getting hard pulled for Chase CLI. I already have two inquiries from these two cards, I don't need any more.

Message 3 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@zylixr wrote:

Okay, sounds good. From the looks of it, it seems people are getting hard pulled for Chase CLI. I already have two inquiries from these two cards, I don't need any more.

for chase most of the time it's a HP.

there's been people who rarely get away with a SP, but don't get your hopes up on this until it actually happens to you. They might have been spending a lot on their cards, or their incomes might have been really high, or they might just be lucky.

As for discover, it's a SP, but if you want more than what they are willing to provide via a SP, it will be a HP then.

Grats on the approvals! Nice limit for Chase. For Discover, if you want a higher limit, you could try calling them and see if they can raise it via SP. There's been people who got it done. You might need a good explanation for it though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 6
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Very nice CL on the CSP! Very jelly on my part. 😉 I only got 5k. Let those babies grow!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.