Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Cap1!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Cap1!!!!

I'm so excited and there was no one else to share my joy lol. 

I've been working on my credit since last fall. It was baaaad. Like in the 400s. I was able to build it up pretty quickly to 590 with a fingerhut and First Progress card. Got denied by Capital One back in February. I figured I was on their black list since I let an old account with them go to collections way back when I was 19. Never paid them because I never could really afford to. But I read on here that Capital One forgives and forgets so I figured I'd try again now that I've gotten my score up a little. That old account dropped off last year. Took forever. Lo and behold they approved me for a secured card today!!! I'm so excited because it was so hard to keep my score stable when I only had two open accounts. I'd have to use First Progress to pay a bill when i was in a jam and my CU would shoot up and my score would shoot down. Very frustrating. Hopefully now my score will stabilize with a little more available credit. 

Any word on whether the Cap1 secured card will ever let me graduate?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Davis9508
Contributor

Re: Approved for Cap1!!!!

Congrats! Sorry, I'm not sure about graduating. 

Message 2 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

We got our secured Cap One Platinum in Feb 2016 , CL of 200 and after we made 5 on time payments we got an auto CLI to 500 , then the card graduated to unsecured at 11 mths old , just Pc to Quicksilver first of this mth . Yes it is possible to graduate and get to PC to a better card
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and rebuilding. It may take a year, but Cap1 may eventually graduate. Keep working on your scores and you'll get there
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. I had my secured card for 1 yr.....got it 12/2014 (when you could still add as much money as you wanted whenever you wanted). It never graduated...but after a year applied for the Venture card and closed the secured (got my deposit returned pretty quickly). I guess it helped with building a history (relationship) with Capital One....secured card not a bad thing at all. Useit, pay it, enjoy it......Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  Capital One Secured is how I started re-building too in 

November 2013 and I even had an oustanding "baddy" with them while I

was doing it too..  Now look below @ my Cards and see what 3 years of Credit Repair

can offer you.  Never lose HOPE, Max it out & PIF every Month!  Good Luck!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval !!

Message 7 of 12
padme
Established Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! I've got 3 Cap1 cards and they have served me well. I'm giving thought to getting them to just combine them altogether right now.
Message 9 of 12
JamP
Valued Contributor

Congratz. My wife and I started exactly where you are.

Cap1 has always been good to us. 

Another great secured card is Discover but take it slow and watch your prequals.

Read everything on Myfico and do not fall for the flavor of the month credit cards like most of us did.

And Welcome back to the crazy world of credit cards.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.