Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Capital One again!

tag
Trepierre
Established Member

Approved for Capital One again!

Up until June of 2013 I had no credit cards at all. I was approved for the Cap1 platinum mastercard in June with $300 limit. Thanks to this board I am making progress. I was approved for 3 store cards using the shopping cart trick this month. And I apped NFCU and was approved for the cash rewards card with $7k limit. I am still celebrating that one.

I received and offer from Cap1 in the mail yesterday and it was for the exact same platinum mastercard that I have. I called the number and they said you can have more than one. I apped and was approved online with a $500 limit. It's the exact same card but the limit is higher.  I was very surprised.

I am apping everything now so they can grow together. Is it time to garden now?  My fico took a hit from the NFCU HP's. I am trying to establish a credit. I had a very thin file. At this point I have 2 Cap1 mastercards, 1 NFCU visa, Victoria's Secret, Express and Brylane home, all of which were obtained in the last week except my original Cap1 mastercard.

Thanks to evereyone who contributes to this board.  It's a wealth of info.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Capital One again!

Congrats! Time to join us in the garden! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

GREAT JOB!!! Congrats

Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Yep. Garden for awhile 6month to a year.

You score will take a pretty big hit once all those new accounts hit, lowering your AAoA.

But, it will rebound and be back to normal or better by the time they age 6 months.

Your Cap One cards should be on credit steps.

The $300 should be going to $500 soon, probably next month sometime ... and the other will likely do $750 on 6th or 7th statement.

If not sure look in your documents on your account. Should be a letter there if you do everything online.

And Congrats!!   I have to garden as well as I have too many apps recently.

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

get a navcheck for $15k with navy and no more cap1!!! you have credit union access!

do you have USAA access too?

Message 6 of 8
Trepierre
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

get a navcheck for $15k with navy and no more cap1!!! you have credit union access!

do you have USAA access too?

I don't have usaa access. I'll try for the navcheck then start gardening.

Message 7 of 8
Trepierre
Established Member

@CenturyChild wrote:

Yep. Garden for awhile 6month to a year.

You score will take a pretty big hit once all those new accounts hit, lowering your AAoA.

But, it will rebound and be back to normal or better by the time they age 6 months.

Your Cap One cards should be on credit steps.

The $300 should be going to $500 soon, probably next month sometime ... and the other will likely do $750 on 6th or 7th statement.

If not sure look in your documents on your account. Should be a letter there if you do everything online.

And Congrats!!   I have to garden as well as I have too many apps recently.

I'm thinking maybe I can PC the first Cap1 to Quiksilver when the 6th statement cuts. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.