CL: $200

Opened 2014

Amex BCP

CL:$6000

Opened: 2/2016

Amex Platinum 

Opened:12/2016

Income:$105K

I have been wanting a CSR ever since I started reading The Points Guy and these Fico forums...not to mention since I felt comfortable that I would be approved for one after building up my credit for two years. I'm new to credit cards really and honestly I'm addicted to them now. My wife thinks it's an odd hobby, but I'm hooked. Anyways, I read that the 100k bonus was expiring so I went ahead and put in for it online. My plan was to meet my minimum spend on my platinum then put in for the csr in branch in march to get the 100k then, but after making sure I would be able to make the minimum spend on both cards and getting caught up in the 100k bonus ending fever, I said what the heck and put in for it. I was a little nervous that I might get declined because I just put in for the Amex platinum and my highest cl is $6000. With the CSR you need to qualify with a minimum $10k credit limit. To my surprise I was instantly approved for a $23k cl. I was approved on Tuesday and I was hoping my card would come in today, but maybe tomorrow. I hear they come via ups which makes me nervous because ups went to the wrong house with another package we were supposed to receive today. I could say that I'll head to the garden until I meet the minimum spend on these new cards but who am I kidding? 😁

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve

Great SL. Congratulations!

Message 2 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on a very nice approval and card.  Enjoy it, I do although I didnt get the 100k Sign-up just pc'ed my CSP to CSR

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! This is one of my few remaining goal keeper cards.

Enjoy that nice big bonus too! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Congrats!! Mine is on the way as well, although I PC'd to the Reserve as well instead of applying outright. I didnt want a new account on my report so I had to sacrifice that bonus. I had to get a CLI to meet the minimum 10K CL for the PC. Chase was generous and upped me from 8K to 16K.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 5 of 14
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Great SL

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the AMEx with the 6k appear on your credit report when you appled for the CSR?? And what bureu did they pull????

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex has been on my credit report for a few months now. I can't remember how many, maybe a couple of months After I got it. They pulled Experian for CSR.

Message 9 of 14
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CSR! Its a great card. I share the same viewpoint. For so long i never ventured into the world of 'credit' and when i finally 'discovered' it, it just outright consumed me lol Congrats Again! 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.