cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Southwest Premier!

tag
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase Southwest Premier!

Congrats! This will be a part of my churn next October so I can get the companion pass (hopefully still giving 50k!)...

PS Don't forget to ask about retention bonuses when the AF shows up in a year! This card tends to get anything from 3k-6k additional RR points.
Message 11 of 17
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:
Congrats! This will be a part of my churn next October so I can get the companion pass (hopefully still giving 50k!)...

PS Don't forget to ask about retention bonuses when the AF shows up in a year! This card tends to get anything from 3k-6k additional RR points.

Yep! The Primier card has the bonus for 6k points, which is roughly worth over $100 in travel, so it easily covers the AF. Also, I believe for this card they charge the $99 AF the first billing statement.

Message 12 of 17
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!! 

Those bonus offers are hard to resist, but at some point you do a cost benefit analysis.  It's probably time for you to take a little break.

Message 13 of 17
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

Yep! The Primier card has the bonus for 6k points, which is roughly worth over $100 in travel, so it easily covers the AF. Also, I believe for this card they charge the $99 AF the first billing statement.

I mean in additional to the already given 6k points. A retention bonus is an offer the bank makes to usually offset the AF and make you keep the card.

On FlyerTalk, many people have been able to call Chase and receive additional points on top of the 6k to keep the card and not close it.

Message 14 of 17
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Congrats again...

Maybe I'm just confused but I always thought that Signature Cards had no real spending limit.  Is the CL you got just what they report to the bureaus?  I suppose you could go over (not that you would), but than the bureaus would show that your over the limit.  I don't know, signature cards are still confusing to me...all I know is that I want want in good time.

Message 15 of 17
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

Congrats again...

Maybe I'm just confused but I always thought that Signature Cards had no real spending limit.  Is the CL you got just what they report to the bureaus?  I suppose you could go over (not that you would), but than the bureaus would show that your over the limit.  I don't know, signature cards are still confusing to me...all I know is that I want want in good time.

It is quite confusing so I will try to explain it to you as best I can!

The Visa Signature and World MC have no pre-set spending limits; however, they do have a credit line. You can go over your credit limit, due to the bank's discretion. So, for example, say your limit is the base $5k and you want to buy something that puts you over your $5k limit. The bank will most likely contact you when the transaction is going through because it can come up as a flag. In order to prevent this, you can call Chase and have them put a note on the account that you will be going over your credit limit and no one will contact you.

As far as reporting, it would show that you're over the limit, so it is best to pay it off ASAP! However, it can also not be that big of deal if you have say-3 other $5k limit cards that reported zero. Your utilization would be at 30% if you went over $1k on the initial card. (6,000/20,000)

Hope this helps!

Message 16 of 17
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@Anonymous- wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

I mean in additional to the already given 6k points. A retention bonus is an offer the bank makes to usually offset the AF and make you keep the card.

On FlyerTalk, many people have been able to call Chase and receive additional points on top of the 6k to keep the card and not close it.

That's great! Thanks for the info.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.