Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Consumers CU visa sig cash rebate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Consumers CU visa sig cash rebate

Approved for 6500$ (asked for 6500)  @ 12.99% apr. I heard that they do generous auto clis.

Already did a cash advance of 2000$ to their checking @ 1.99% for 12 months over the chat. Also confirmed they often offer 1.99% on balance transfers and cash advances ,its not just a one time offer.

This card gives 3% on grocery , 2% on gas and 1% on everything else. Codes Walmart as grocery too. Someone else mentioned that this coded their car service at dealership for 2%. 

I love this CU Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Consumers CU visa sig cash rebate

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous for 6500$ (asked for 6500)  @ 12.99% apr. I heard that they do generous auto clis.

@Already did a cash advance of 2000$ to their checking @ 1.99% for 12 months over the chat. Also confirmed they often offer 1.99% on balance transfers and cash advances ,its not just a one time offer.

This card gives 3% on grocery , 2% on gas and 1% on everything else. Codes Walmart as grocery too. Someone else mentioned that this coded their car service at dealership for 2%. 

Congrats! They're an awesome CU - I joined in December of last year, and have been very happy.

I read someone else say that they do auto CLIs, but I haven't received one yet, so maybe it's yearly? Also, they're pretty much consistently offered the 1.99% since I joined. I did the same thing you did a few months back. Couple caveats to the balance xfer though: it negates the grace period on purchases, so if you're doing the 1k spend for better interest, you'll get sacked with interest charges on both balances every month. Also, they don't seem to apply the payment to the highest balance first. When I've looked, it seems to be an odd split of the two. 

It's definitely a great card from a great CU though!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 2 of 18
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Sounds like you have a great plan for working with this credit union.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 3 of 18
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Congrats  i thought about them then i read some threads about how difficult it was just to open a membership.

Message 4 of 18
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

Congrats  i thought about them then i read some threads about how difficult it was just to open a membership.

I read some of those, but I didn't have that experience. I opened accounts, and helped my parents and partner open them as well, and none of us had any issues. It wasn't instant, but nothing painful either. 

I think the "difficult" ones may have had issues with identity verification. Sometimes those systems do come up with some wacky questions!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyryan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous for 6500$ (asked for 6500)  @ 12.99% apr. I heard that they do generous auto clis.

@Already did a cash advance of 2000$ to their checking @ 1.99% for 12 months over the chat. Also confirmed they often offer 1.99% on balance transfers and cash advances ,its not just a one time offer.

Congrats! They're an awesome CU - I joined in December of last year, and have been very happy.

I read someone else say that they do auto CLIs, but I haven't received one yet, so maybe it's yearly? Also, they're pretty much consistently offered the 1.99% since I joined. I did the same thing you did a few months back. Couple caveats to the balance xfer though: it negates the grace period on purchases, so if you're doing the 1k spend for better interest, you'll get sacked with interest charges on both balances every month. Also, they don't seem to apply the payment to the highest balance first. When I've looked, it seems to be an odd split of the two. 

It's definitely a great card from a great CU though!

----------------------

@ heyryan , yeah first thing i did via chat is to ask them about their payment allocation . When they told me that they always aply payment to the oldest balance first , i realized that i wont be using it for both cash advance and purchases at the same time. For now i decided to go with cash advance . I will pay it back soon though then i will keep it for exclusively purchases until such a time when i will do another cash advance for 1.99%. 

So far i am very very happy with this CU. I have rewards checking with around 5000 earning 3.09%  interest and i have their auto loan which reduced my apr from 4.0% to 2.49% and now their CC . 

Their Express shot app is pretty impressive. I deposited a check of 731 via mobile deposit expressshot yesterday late night and by today morning i already had the money in my account. Also since they have 3$ fee for outgoing electronic transfers i always PULL money from other banks at no cost . I recently opened a savings account with DCU and have kept 1000$ to earn 5.12% interest. Dcu credit cards though are not as attractive as consumers Cus. No balance transfer offers and the lowest apr is 9.4% 

Message 6 of 18
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@heyryan wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I read some of those, but I didn't have that experience. I opened accounts, and helped my parents and partner open them as well, and none of us had any issues. It wasn't instant, but nothing painful either. 

I think the "difficult" ones may have had issues with identity verification. Sometimes those systems do come up with some wacky questions!

I also have 230K available credit do they frown upon people with large amounts of credit i know some CU do?

Message 7 of 18
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@heyryan wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I also have 230K available credit do they frown upon people with large amounts of credit i know some CU do?

I probably had 150K+ reporting when I got my card. I suspect it would be more of a ratio than actual $ amount. If your income is $50K/yr w/ 230K avail, they'll probably be more stingy than if you make $200K/yr w/ 230K Smiley Happy

They seem pretty reasonable, and not super conservative, so I'd say they're worth the risk.

If you do apply, either do the card first (and theyll automatically do membership), or do membership and then CALL to do the card. Otherwise you'll end up with a double pull since the online systems are automatic.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@heyryan wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I dont think they care about inquiries or recent accounts or availablke credit . I had a LOT of inquiries ,a LOT of recent accounts and over 100k available credit . But they have approved me for auto loan refinance and credit card. All they want is perhaps a strong relationship with them through either checking , savings or even auto loan. When i first opened they couldnt verify me online . But then a nice lady called back and helped me setup membership and accounts quite easily . When you apply for any loan product be prepared to give recent pay stub and 3 references. This i think is a one time one loan process . They approved me for credit card without any income proof or references . For auto loan though i had to provide those and they even accepted my bank statements as income proof since i am self employed

Message 9 of 18
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@heyryan wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I dont think they care about inquiries or recent accounts or availablke credit . I had a LOT of inquiries ,a LOT of recent accounts and over 100k available credit . But they have approved me for auto loan refinance and credit card. All they want is perhaps a strong relationship with them through either checking , savings or even auto loan. When i first opened they couldnt verify me online . But then a nice lady called back and helped me setup membership and accounts quite easily . When you apply for any loan product be prepared to give recent pay stub and 3 references. This i think is a one time one loan process . They approved me for credit card without any income proof or references . For auto loan though i had to provide those and they even accepted my bank statements as income proof since i am self employed

Thanks for that info.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.