Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Costco Amex with high utilization %

tag
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

Approved for Costco Amex with high utilization %

Just wanted to share that I was approved today for the Costco Amex Card today while in store.  My utilization was 65% but zero balances on all 3 other amex cards. ( I keep them low as they did a CLD without a phone call or other notification due to 2 cash advances)  My opening line of credit was only $1200 but will be sufficient seeing how this is my 4th Amex Card.  Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Costco Amex with high utilization %

Congratulations!  And remember you can ask for a 3x CLI after 61-days from account opening.  Of course, if you have already utilized a CLI on any of your other Amex cards in the last 6 months, you will need to wait until 6 months from your last CLI.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 2 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! How many inquiries do you currently have? This card has been my only itch to app lately.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

hey just think about how that cl will be in 61 days 3x's MORE!!!!! Thats awesome AMEX loves you!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 5
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Congrats on your approval! How many inquiries do you currently have? This card has been my only itch to app lately.

I had 7 inquires that were 12-15 months old.  I actually just pulled experian and was shocked to see that a collection re- appeared after beind deleted 2 years ago.  It is due to drop off in 4 months so it pry had low impact.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.