cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover via new Pre-Approval site!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Discover via new Pre-Approval site!

I have been checking the Discover Card website on a regular basis for months to see if I could land a pre-qualify message with a firm APR listed.  Always ran into a wide spread on the APR so was ready to give up for a long while.  Happened to visit the Discover site today and noticed a new pre-approval layout that required a lot more info to be entered, it almost felt like a full credit app this time around. I hit Submit and it returned a Congrats you have been pre-qualified message! The standard card and chrome card were listed and both with a single APR.

I submitted my remaining info in the application and it came back with a nice $6000 limit!  This is my highest limit on a card after my bankruptcy discharge in March and couldn’t be happier!

Edit to add score info: Most recent Credit Scorecard @ 657  and 7 months post Chapt 7 Discharge

Edited to add view of new Pre-Approval Form. I located form by:

1) Hovering over CreditCards- Find the right Credit Card Drop Down on Discover homepage

2) Select See if you're Pre-approved and the below form should load

discover-preq.JPG

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Discover via new Pre-Approval site!

Congrats on the approval. I just tried it myself and was preapproved for the iT, chrome and miles card. Also with a set apr. it seems like finally discover fixed its broken pre approval checker. Thats a great card to get only 7 months after discharge and great limit. Enjoy the disco fever 🤒

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! That's great! Glad to hear Discover prequal site got an overhaul. Discover is an excellent company with great customer service most of the time, Discover Deals and cashback. Enjoy your new card and limit!

Message 3 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super congrats. WELL EARNEDSmiley Happy

i think all of us Low level Discolites should just cancel our cards and reappSmiley Wink, Sl's have been amazing this yearSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 28
bott6698
Established Contributor

Congrats! Thats amazing with a BK in the same year wow!  I am now in year 6 of BK and my Discover credit card score I Pulled was 652 which is same as my FICO score 08 and I was approved and even talked to the decision department because they wanted to verify my social but was only given a SL of $1,200.00. 

10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 5 of 28
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

What new preapproval site?  I keep getting the same old form.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, Climbingthemountain!!!

Welcome to the Disco fam!!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 28
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Disco family! 🎉⛄️
Message 8 of 28
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Welcome To The Discover Family Of Cards

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.