Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Approved for Discover via new Pre-Approval site!

Congrats and welcome to the Disco family! 🎉⛄️
Established Member
0 Kudos

That prequal page has existed for a while it was just buried, they had two different ones.  That one, and the "compare" style one that tricked a lot of people into thinking they were preapproved when really it was an invite to apply.

Prequaled for Secured but no trigger pull for this gardener =D

In the garden since 9/15/17 == Last FICO Update: 10/7/17 == CL 15,000 == EX 641 == TU 652 == EQ 657 == Make credit great again!

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulations!

Established Member

This is probably a captain obvious moment but....

Something I noticed about discover (at least for me):

PreQual site:             equifax

Monthly free fico:      experian

Cardholder monthly: transUnion

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if you apply for a second cashback card and are approved, do you still get the cashback match?  (My first card is over a year old)

It says "available only to new cardmembers," but sometimes that means "new customers" and sometimes it means "new account."

My cards:

Amex BCE: $15K | Cap1 Venture: $15K | NFCU CR: $14.3K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | Discover IT: $5.4K | Sportsman's Guide: $5.1K | FNBO NRA: $5K | Legacy Visa: $2.75K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | Cap1 PS: 2K | Cabela's: $1K

Current Scores:  EQ:  718  |  TU:  727  |  EX:  717
New Contributor

Congrats! I tried and a big NO! 

Thank you for your interest in Discover.

Unfortunately, we don't have an offer for you right now.

Rest assured, your request did not impact your credit score.

You can submit a new request for pre-approval in 7 days.

Thank you for your interest in Discover®. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide you an offer due to the following:

CREDIT FILE FROZEN

Please contact the credit bureau to request a temporary lift of the freeze on your credit report. Once the credit bureau has lifted the freeze, please return to Discover.com and re-submit your request in eight days.

Rest assured, your request did not impact your credit score.For helpful financial tips and information on managing your credit, visit Discover.com/resources.

You can submit another request seven days from the date of this letter.

EX 673
EQ 679
TU 654
BK 7 D/C December 2016.
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome To The Discover Family Of Cards

Last App-Jan 26* It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny * FICO TU 769 EQ 723 EX 777
Established Member

Congratulaions!  I've been accessing the Discover prequal site for a couple of months and could only get an APR range, which made me believe it would be a denial.  Tried the "new" site and received approval.  But now my DH is going to be so disappointed in me because he told me last night to stop getting more cards. I'm blaming you, Climbingthemountain, hahaha!

New Contributor

fmctatum wrote:

Congratulaions!  I've been accessing the Discover prequal site for a couple of months and could only get an APR range, which made me believe it would be a denial.  Tried the "new" site and received approval.  But now my DH is going to be so disappointed in me because he told me last night to stop getting more cards. I'm blaming you, Climbingthemountain, hahaha!

Congrats!  I will be happy to take the blame, just dont tell him where I live lol 

Chapt7 Discharge 3/17
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

I know, for some reason I thought they would have pulled EX which is my highest score.

The fact that they pulled EQ explains my low SL

Actually surprised I was approved!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.