tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Freedom-Denied Discover

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Hey distant most knowledgable one,

I now have the Amex Zync, Amex BCE, Amex Costco True Earnings, the Chase Freedom and CSP what else do you think I should have to fill out my Quiver of cards ?

I have used up 6 INQ's 2 are 11 months old.

hmm... I would say US Bank Cash+ is good but that could be iffy with recent apps but doesn't hurt to try. Personally I like Chase Priority Club I think it's the most under valued hotel card especially cause annual fee is $49 but gives you 1 free night stay anywhere you want interconintal hotel in bora bora lol

This is not me but for $49 annual fee that's a great bonus lol, that's a hotel in bora bora that qualified for the free 1 night stay him and his gf got 2 nights free there.

but you might have hit Chase's internal limit

so I would say Citi Dividend and try to get it upgraded to world elite mastercard (only card with no annual fee) that can be converted.

1. Priority Club

2. Citi Dividend 

3. Starwood Amex

4. Amex Platinum

5. Citi Platinum Select AA

6. US Bank Cash+

7. Citi Forward

My priorities would be in your shoes these are what I would want.   Of course last 4 are travel cards but depends if you really want or travel a lot. I only travel once in a while so that's what I would do.

1. US Bank Cash+ Just app for the hell of it! it's that good! 

2. Citi Forward 

3. Citi Dividend

4. Priority Club

5. Platinum Amex

6. Starwood Amex

7. Citi AA advantage

All depends on your spending habits and lifestyle but those are pretty good ones Citi Forward is very good if you don't mind redeeming gift cards 5 points per  amazon, movie tickets and restaurants.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 51 of 56
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

So if i was going to get a City card just to diversify some more you like the City Divedend or the Preferred.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 52 of 56
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the advice distant,

I don't travel that much.

One trip a year.

Usually Florida to get out of the cold and to play golf.

So I think one travel card is good.

The rest would be cash back I guess.

I wonder what Golf would be like in Bora Bora

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 53 of 56
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

So if i was going to get a City card just to diversify some more you like the City Divedend or the Preferred.

considering I don't have a Mastercard in my line up for Sams club, and World ELITE mastercard usually has HIGH annual fees and Dividend can be converted to a WORLD ELITE keyword ELITE, that's a huge benefit. World Elite is on a tier higher than Visa Signiture. And it's shiny! Smiley Happy  

World Elite MasterCard Benefits

What does a World Elite MasterCard mean to travelers? World Elite MasterCard brings a multitude of personal services, value, and recognition to the lucky holder of this card. It gives access to Luxe Travel's personal travel advisor, giving holders a professional experience rather than hit-and-miss planning. Luxe Travel's advisors will also get you the best values in air, cruises, hotels, resorts, tours, car rentals, and more. This can mean big savings to the savvy traveler! And perhaps most important, World Elite MasterCard is recognized everywhere. Holders of this card are treated like VIPs and are never left holding the card that "is not accepted." When traveling, be sure to book with your Luxe Travel Advisor, pay for your trip with your Word Elite MasterCard, and then sit back and enjoy a myriad of benefits.

World Elite International Air

You'll experience important benefits when using your World Elite MasterCard for air travel. You'll get two-for-one airfare, with no blackout dates, when traveling business class on participating airlines. If you purchase a full-fare Economy Class ticket you'll get a free upgrade to Business Class between select cities on both Lufthansa and Qantas. And right now you'll get a $1,000 off, per person, on Qantas Business Class flights from Los Angeles to Auckland.

World Elite Hotels and Resorts

If you reserve your stay at over 880 luxury hotels and resorts through your Luxe Travel Advisor you'll get daily breakfast for two, a room upgrade (when available), a special gift of an amenity, as well as VIP status. Should you book a suite at select hotels you'll receive additional amenities that are even better than traditional hotel perks.

World Elite Cruise

World Elite MasterCard is the only card that will give you both increased credit options on board AND Virtuoso Voyager Club amenities. These amenities include a dedicated onboard host, a private reception aboard ship, and a complimentary shore event. And if you're not interested in a shore event - your onboard credit options will be doubled! Virtuoso Voyager is one of the world's leading cruise enrichment programs.

World Elite Car Rental

World Elite members automatically receive Hertz #1 Club Gold and Avis preferred membership. You'll also receive access to many special offers, including complimentary upgrades and complimentary rental days.

Stop missing out on the best perks in travel. today and take advantage of all that World Elite and Luxe Travel have to offer!

Message 54 of 56
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

Thanks for all the advice distant,

I don't travel that much.

One trip a year.

Usually Florida to get out of the cold and to play golf.

So I think one travel card is good.

The rest would be cash back I guess.

I wonder what Golf would be like in Bora Bora

for most people Citi Forward is a pretty damn nice card, if you don't mind gift cards anyways. World Elite cards used to have a annual fee of $395+ although they changed priority pass to a much lesser lounge access (pretty much pre-paid half price lounge access) but the other benefits are still amazing. Getting that with a $0 annual fee is amazing.

Message 55 of 56
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

OK cool,

I am going to look into that.

Thanks for sharing.

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.