Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for IHG Platinum Select Card despite 5/24

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for IHG Platinum Select Card despite 5/24

Well, I'm certainly the proof for Chase not applying 5/24 for IHG co-branded card. 

i recently switched to IHG from Marriott and Chase had earlier dinged me Marriott and United cards. Once during my stay, one of the IHG Sales Reps asked me to apply for the IHG card and when I mentioned the Chase 5/24 rule, she said "not to worry" but go ahead and apply. 

Knowing I was well beyond 5/24 rule, app'ed nervously and as usual got the 7-10 days notice online. Called them and the automated message gave me even scarier 30 day "you'll receive a letter" message. Thought that was it and assumed it was my 4th futile attempt (2 United and 1 Marriott earlier).

Got a surprise message from IHG Rewards Club saying my "card is on the way". Even more surprising was the nice limit of 9K on it. 

Can't be happier !

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for IHG Platinum Select Card despite 5/24

Congratulations on your new card! Nicely done. IHG is not part of 5/24 at this time, however. Not sure if you were aware of that. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your new card! Nicely done. IHG is not part of 5/24 at this time, however. Not sure if you were aware of that. Smiley Happy

Thanks. No I was not aware of IHG not being part of 5/24....hope they leave it out in the future..

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card and awesome SL !

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great approval PosiedonSmiley Happy Nice goingSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats OP

I always had an interest in this card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Congrats OP

I always had an interest in this card

Thanks...I wanted to see if Chase approves me and also the lure of 80,000 points...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.