Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Jared and Kay!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Jared and Kay!

So, this is weird. Applied for Jared card last night and got approved for $1000. I knew they were affilifated with Kay but

assumed they would have separate cards so I applied for Kay as well. Got a message that I would receive an email the

next business day. I got the email this morning that said I was approved for $1000. Yay me! When I set up my account online

I noticed that a small purchase I made with Jared was showing on my Kay account. I called today to confirm and was told

that although they have separate account numbers and I would receive a card for each, they do in fact share the same $1000

credit limit. What is the point in that? Also, you can't use the cards interchangably. Am I the only one that thinks this is weird?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Jared and Kay!

Congrats !!!

Ron.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job and enjoy them...

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval !

Message 4 of 15
toi34
Established Contributor

I have a Kay and a Jared's also, I applied a year or so apart so I received two separate credit limits, but combined my limit is $4700. Yes, when you use one it will appear as reduced credit on the other, but just look at it as having 1 mega credit limit. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats x 2!!

Message 7 of 15
Jesi
New Contributor

Guessing no one else ever weighed in on this... Yes I think it's very weird. I've seen people on here talking about having separate accounts with separate limits. I just went through this today. We had Jared with a small $500 limit and decided after a few months to apply for Kay to keep building our credit scores since we won't use these much so no worries on maxing them out constantly... Got approved for $500 at Kay and found out it's shared. I'm so effing mad because I wasted a hard pull for nothing. I don't get it at all. I agree, what is the point? I want separate accounts with separate limits or at least combine the limits for a total of $1,000 to use between the two. I'm so angry. I want someone to weigh in on having separate accounts because the Kay rep I spoke with argued with me that everones is this way and no one has separate limits. I'm confused.

Back about 10 years ago when I ruined my credit by having a couple tiny credit cards at 18, maxing them and not paying them because I lost my job...then they went into collections and the interest and fees made them ridiculous to pay back. I actually had a $250 capital one card go up to over $4,000. Still baffles me to this day how they were able to do that with just fees and interest in a 2 or 3 year period... Never did pay them. Anyhow, back when Express was Express which was the women's store and Structure which was the men's store, I was able to get two cards with two limits. I got an Express card. I think it was a $150 limit. Then they both turned into Express still being separate stores I was chatting with my friend who worked there and they were having a great sale and I wanted to buy my boyfriend something. He suggested getting the credit card, back then if you were a student you were pretty much automatically approved you just had to tell them what college you were enrolled in. I said I already have it and it's maxed! He told me they were technically separate stores so they were separate cards. I didn't believe him but applied anyhow. I was approved and got another $150 limit. The cards were identical but had different account numbers. At the time you could also use them at Bath and Body Works. I think I heard now you can use a Victoria's Secret card at Bath and Body Works but not sure about Express. Since then Express combined yet again and now male and female is in the same store except for a partition down the middle separating genders. No more double cards. I wonder what they did when that happened if they let people keep two accounts or if they just combined them to make a larger credit limit on one? Definitely made more sense than this crap with Kay and Jared.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question on the shared limit is does anyone know how this reports? Does it report as two limits on two cards or does it just report as Sterling Jewelers (their parent company) with one account / limit? 

Message 9 of 15
Jesi
New Contributor

I was wondering that myself. I got annoyed with it because I think it's messed up and we closed our Kay account immediately. Nothing showing on our report except for the inquiry which sucks. I wonder if we can get it removed?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.