Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Nordstrom CC & Target

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved for Nordstrom CC & Target

looks like we are in the same shoes just because your re-building and im building hahha I just also got 2 new accts that will help me get in with better creditors in the future. YOUR NOT ALONE! and congrats on the approvals

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 19
liesierre
Regular Contributor

Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 12 of 19
ayles
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

I'm glad you shared about Target. I've wanted the card for a while and had brought it up as one of the cards I want after gardening and was discouraged from doing so because of the "meager credit limits" given.  Glad to know someone received one in the 4 digits upon applying Smiley Happy

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 13 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, both Macys and Target are nice starting limits!!
Message 14 of 19
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on your approvals

Message 15 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the two approvals!  Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 16 of 19
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@liesierre wrote:

One year ago, I couldn't get approved for anything, including a regular Target redcard. I had a few baddies removed and established over a year of good credit with Cap1, VS, Samuels Diamond Elite. Then my bankruptcy dropped off TU and EX (still on EQ for another 3 years - boo).

Besides the BK13/Dismissed on EQ, I have one collection on all 3 and the CO from that on EX and EQ.

Current scores are EQ - 702, EX - 682, TU - 720

Friday - pushed the LUV button on VS (+200), Diamond Elite (+500) and Cap1 (guess they will send me some mail)

Yesterday I was at Nordstrom buying some stuff and decided to go for the Nordstrom Visa Signature app in store because I shop there a lot and want the points and early access to the annual sale. I knew they were inquiry sensitive and I had none for over 1 year. Approved! 4k limit. Woohoo. Finally an approval on a "real" card. They pulled Experian.

Today, I was at Target and decided to go for the Redcard app since that extra 5% off was on my hitlist, I literally shop there every week.... approved for the credit card - 2k temporary limit. Yay! Target pulled Equifax

I'm thinking of just going for the app spree tonight while I'm at it. I'm about to lose a bunch of my old good (closed) accounts in the next 2 years so I kinda need to gather more accounts anyway.

Thinking of:
Discover IT
Chase Freedom
Amazon Store Card

I'd really like an Amex BCE, but I'm probably pushing my luck on that, right?

As of right now, only INQ's in over a year are just 1 for EQ and 1 for EX from the Target/Nordies.

Any advice? Does the order matter? Should I not waste an inquiry on any of these? Is AMEX totally out of the question? 

I'd be cool with just Chase Freedom and Discover IT...should I just stick with those for now?

Congrats on approvals!

Your Target CL was 2x mine and I was able to get a BCE.   Chase Freedom and Discover IT are on my list for the next time I step out of the garden (at least 6 months from now).  I'm not sure if Discover has blacklisted me, however, so we'll see.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 19
dominow
New Contributor

my scores are low 700's and i was afraid that i would be denied u.s. bank. an amex would worry the hell out of me. i'm going to place my foot on the spade for now. congrats

Message 18 of 19
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@liesierre wrote:

One year ago, I couldn't get approved for anything, including a regular Target redcard. I had a few baddies removed and established over a year of good credit with Cap1, VS, Samuels Diamond Elite. Then my bankruptcy dropped off TU and EX (still on EQ for another 3 years - boo).

Besides the BK13/Dismissed on EQ, I have one collection on all 3 and the CO from that on EX and EQ.

Current scores are EQ - 702, EX - 682, TU - 720

Friday - pushed the LUV button on VS (+200), Diamond Elite (+500) and Cap1 (guess they will send me some mail)

Yesterday I was at Nordstrom buying some stuff and decided to go for the Nordstrom Visa Signature app in store because I shop there a lot and want the points and early access to the annual sale. I knew they were inquiry sensitive and I had none for over 1 year. Approved! 4k limit. Woohoo. Finally an approval on a "real" card. They pulled Experian.

Today, I was at Target and decided to go for the Redcard app since that extra 5% off was on my hitlist, I literally shop there every week.... approved for the credit card - 2k temporary limit. Yay! Target pulled Equifax

I'm thinking of just going for the app spree tonight while I'm at it. I'm about to lose a bunch of my old good (closed) accounts in the next 2 years so I kinda need to gather more accounts anyway.

Thinking of:
Discover IT
Chase Freedom
Amazon Store Card

I'd really like an Amex BCE, but I'm probably pushing my luck on that, right?

As of right now, only INQ's in over a year are just 1 for EQ and 1 for EX from the Target/Nordies.

Any advice? Does the order matter? Should I not waste an inquiry on any of these? Is AMEX totally out of the question? 

I'd be cool with just Chase Freedom and Discover IT...should I just stick with those for now?

Congrats on your approvals Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.