Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for PRG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for PRG

After some sage advice on another thread, I decided to try for the PRG card.  When logged into my Amex account, the offer was only 25,000 points after $2k/3 months, but I logged out and went Incognito and the offer jumped to 50,000 points after $2k/3 months and no AF for first year (I took screenshots as has been suggested in other threads, just in case).

Approved!

I used the online chat feature to try to get the card expedited, but the CSR said it was already being processed for shipment with USPS and wasn't able to change it, although she said she would have done it.

Data Points:

EX (Fico 8) directly from Amex dashboard: 693

INQ: 3

Income: $60k

100% ontime payments

14% utilization

Car default from 6 years ago (approx. $2300)

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for PRG

@Anonymous wrote:

After some sage advice on another thread, I decided to try for the PRG card.  When logged into my Amex account, the offer was only 25,000 points after $2k/3 months, but I logged out and went Incognito and the offer jumped to 50,000 points after $2k/3 months and no AF for first year (I took screenshots as has been suggested in other threads, just in case).

Approved!

I used the online chat feature to try to get the card expedited, but the CSR said it was already being processed for shipment with USPS and wasn't able to change it, although she said she would have done it.

Data Points:

EX (Fico 8) directly from Amex dashboard: 693

INQ: 3

Income: $60k

100% ontime payments

14% utilization

Car default from 6 years ago (approx. $2300)

I think them offering their current card holders less welcome points is not cool! Congratulations on finding a way to get the larger amount. My card was not expedited. I received notice that it was mailed the day after approval. The card arrived in only 4 days.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I was recently approved for the PRG and requested it to be expedited but they gave various reasons why they couldn't at the moment. Applied for it on a Monday, received the card that Friday.

I also did the incognito bonus offer for the 50k/2kSpend. Highest points offer for this card!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Same story here. App'd on a Saturday night back in December and got it that Wednesday. Also tried to expedite but was told I couldn't.

Congrats on a great card! It's my go to for all purchases.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verey nice! Congrats

Message 5 of 6
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your AMEX PRG approval!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.