cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for TJX Rewards, approved for CLI before getting card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for TJX Rewards, approved for CLI before getting card!

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie here and have absolutely loved all the advice and reading through all the boards. This is my first post! Smiley Happy

I've been working on rebuilding my credit in the last two years and my scores are increasing but still mid-600's. Anyways, I applied for a TJX Rewards card last week and only got approved for the store card for a limit of $250. After reading all the posts here, I called into Synchrony Bank (the number listed for Credit Solutions) and asked for a CLI. I haven't even gotten the card yet but given all the advice on here, thought it would be best to do it as early as I could. I told him I wanted $4k and he put me on hold to review my credit... came back after about a minute and said they couldn't do the $4k but countered at $2k. The guy I spoke too was extremely friendly and quick. 

I never would've even had the guts to call and ask for a higher increase like that right off the bat, so I salute all of you here as it worked in my favor! 

To give some insight to my current status - my scores are 665 EX, 662 TU, and 654 EQ. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for TJX Rewards, approved for CLI before getting card!

Congrats!! It will grow with you!!! Anytime you see any increase in your TU score, give them another call!
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much everyone!! I'm sure I'll be posting a bit more from now on too Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.