cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for USAA Amex!....I've got a problem...

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for USAA Amex!....I've got a problem...

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

You were doing great at gardening at one point. Hopefully you can do it again

I know!! I feel so ashamed......kinda....lol. I really do want my cards to age. I've opened 3 cards this year already. 2 in march, and 1 lastnight. Plus I just got an auto loan in may...The temptation is just so freaking hard! lol

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 11 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

I know!! I feel so ashamed......kinda....lol. I really do want my cards to age. I've opened 3 cards this year already. 2 in march, and 1 lastnight. Plus I just got an auto loan in may...The temptation is just so freaking hard! lol

Honest answer from you...deal?

What will it take a denial at that point instead of you controlling your own destiny you will have to sit back even longer with no moves available to you?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 17
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That's a great starting CL.

I'm a partial member too. Recently moved most of my banking over to them. So far, so good.

I have my eyes on their USAA Military Affiliate Cards (either MC or AmEx). They donate money to a worthy cause (which you select) and they offer their lowest APR on those for limited members, at 13.99%.

Message 13 of 17
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

What will it take a denial at that point instead of you controlling your own destiny you will have to sit back even longer with no moves available to you?

Thats true...thats COMPLETELY true. Thanks myjourney. That puts it more into perspective. Its ridiculous. I can't even carry half the cards that I have, in my own wallet...But thats what i'm going to do FOR SURE. Its time to stop giving in, and stand strong! lol Smiley Wink

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 14 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thats true...thats COMPLETELY true. Thanks myjourney. That puts it more into perspective. Its ridiculous. I can't even carry half the cards that I have, in my own wallet...But thats what i'm going to do FOR SURE. Its time to stop giving in, and stand strong! lol Smiley Wink

I hope soSmiley Wink

You have a great set of cards and you know if you need support where to find me....Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 15 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yep! We all gotta stay strong and remember the hard, diligent credit work it took to get to the point of getting approved!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yep! We all gotta stay strong and remember the hard, diligent credit work it took to get to the point of getting approved!

+1

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.