cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

Applied last week, kinda forgot about it and was pleasantly surprised to see this in my email this morning. So i called them up, 5K CL, 0% APR for first 6 months and 13% APR. I wish the CL was higher but i can work on getting them to increase it down the road. YES! 

Congratulations, you have been approved for the U.S. Bank Visa(R) Platinum Card.
You will receive your account information via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer, you will receive a letter in the mail with information regarding the request. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for USBank Platinum Visa today!

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied last week, kinda forgot about it and was pleasantly surprised to see this in my email this morning. So i called them up, 5K CL, 0% APR for first 6 months and 13% APR. I wish the CL was higher but i can work on getting them to increase it down the road. YES! 

Congratulations, you have been approved for the U.S. Bank Visa(R) Platinum Card.
You will receive your account information via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer, you will receive a letter in the mail with information regarding the request. 

Congrats on the approval.   I have been with US Bank for a long time and I think they are a great bank.  I have two of their cards,  flex and platinum.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 23
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Are their any prerequisites to getting this card? I thought I might have read if you don't have a US bank near you, then you won't get approved. Is that true?

Congrats BTW!

What was your total util, and AAoA?

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've read this also, i dont have a USBank branch in my state but there is one across the state line thats about 30 mins away. I dont have a checking/saving/mortgage/loans, no business with USBank ever unitl i applied for their Platinum Visa. 

Message 4 of 23
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I have had a checking and savings with US Bank for about 3 years now and they wont even give me a Secured card.    Therefore, I opened accounts at my local CU hoping to get more generosity from them.  US Bank used to make a lot of money off my debit card transactions!  I felt like US Bank was benefiting from the relationship more than I was.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 5 of 23
felixfly2000
Contributor

Congrats on your new card IIIII;

I was/am thinking for applying for this card, and have received an offer to apply, but my scores are no wheres near yours. Just some quick questions.

1. Is it true that this card comes with an AF that is waved if your purchase make it to a certain level?

2. Also how did your invit read; Your a pre-approved or you are pre-approved to apply?

3. Last, who did they pull?

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks felixfly2000!
1. From their website for the card that i got.  "No Annual Fee. There is no annual fee with the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card the first year and every year that you charge at least one purchase to the account."
2. I didnt get an invite, i was in search of a new CC read some reviews here and there, decided on the Amazon Visa and USBank. App'ed for the Amazon Visa and i was denied see thread here. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Denied-Amazon-Visa/m-p/685285#M218316 I apped for the USBank card a few mins later and was approved by email. 
3. I cant say for sure who they pulled since i havent pulled my Credit report since then but im it has to be Transunion or Equifax since Experian has the delinquent BMG/Columbia House account. Which should be removed soon. 

@felixfly2000 wrote:

Congrats on your new card IIIII;

I was/am thinking for applying for this card, and have received an offer to apply, but my scores are no wheres near yours. Just some quick questions.

1. Is it true that this card comes with an AF that is waved if your purchase make it to a certain level?

2. Also how did your invit read; Your a pre-approved or you are pre-approved to apply?

3. Last, who did they pull?

Message 7 of 23
felixfly2000
Contributor

Thanks you for your response. This card is still on my list now.

Message 8 of 23
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

I have had a checking and savings with US Bank for about 3 years now and they wont even give me a Secured card.    Therefore, I opened accounts at my local CU hoping to get more generosity from them.  US Bank used to make a lot of money off my debit card transactions!  I felt like US Bank was benefiting from the relationship more than I was.

@Anonymous to talk to an account manager at your local branch (have your credit report & pay stubs ready to show). I started last year and today I have 7 accounts with them: $22k CL CCs, $15k LOC and $27k auto loan @ 3.5%. No other banks can beat that.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 9 of 23
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I had an offer this week and it read   Dear Mrs. ............... Your excellent credit history pre-qualifies you for the US. Bank*Visa*Platinum Card. Visit usbank.com?my offer to apply now. Your new card features  .............    I applied with the confirmation code and was approved for 1,000    My exuifax score was 708  and my experion plus score was 708 ,  my debt when I applied was  chase limit 6000 ,   3,300 balance opened 8-2008

capitalone limit 500 , 475 balance  opened 8-2011

HSBC limit 1,000 , balance  911.00   opened 8-2011

Installment loan from tri-city bank for 19,000  balance 11,000 opened  7,2007  no late payments on any accounts.

I have the  prescreen and opt out notice on the back lowest section of your credit card application. I read a post on this and someone seems to think it matters if you have this opt out notice. I also had 2 hard pulls from chase for a  credit limit increase, February denied November denied,  September approved for 1,000 no hard pull. I think my credit report was clean when I applied but I was waiting for a 150 days late payment to disappear but I just applied without knowing for sure my score went up so I assumed it was not showing up. the annual fee is waved if you spend 40.00 a year. I dont know who they pulled but I will post it monday night if it comes by then.

after I applied for us bank visa , the next day I was approved for a citi diamond preferred for 1,500 for balance transfer.  have you checked out scorematch.com or who gave me credit.com.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.