Contributor

Approved for Wal-Mart card.. but which one?

Approved online for $900 limit (yay me!). But how do I know which one it is? I read through the terms and I don't see where it mentions either store card or discover. Either way I'm very excited since we were looking to buy a new TV and walmart has a 0% interested for 12 months on TVs right now.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Wal-Mart card.. but which one?

It usually says on the approval page whether you got the discover or store card. You can always just wait till it comes in the mail, or call up and ask.
;
Valued Contributor

Yes, I applied just a few days ago and the online approval message specifically said it would be a Discover card. But I can easily see being excited enough to miss that! Congratulations on your new card. I hear these grow nice & fast.

Established Contributor

TravisD wrote:
Approved online for $900 limit (yay me!). But how do I know which one it is? I read through the terms and I don't see where it mentions either store card or discover. Either way I'm very excited since we were looking to buy a new TV and walmart has a 0% interested for 12 months on TVs right now.

where are you seeing this 0% interest for 12 months? last i saw was 0% interest for 24 months, but that ended 2/08/2013.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Contributor

Thanks for the responses guys, no mention of discover so I guess its a storecard.

And eviLution - there is a sign in store next to the TVs pricetag stating the promotion.
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Senior Contributor

Yeah!! Thats awesome $900 CL is excellent for a starting CL.

Established Contributor

TravisD wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys, no mention of discover so I guess its a storecard.

And eviLution - there is a sign in store next to the TVs pricetag stating the promotion.

Thanks!

I've had my eye on the 46" Vizio LED TV for awhile. It goes for $698

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Super Contributor

No matter what the website says, im fairly certain you can ALWAYS get 0% on large purchases for X months. All the cashiers have all the bar codes at the register for that, you just have to ask. Might be wrong, but i definitely read that somewhere.
;
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! A lot of members have success stories to increase initial CL on activation :smileywink: 

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.