cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a 3K mastercard with RBFCU!

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Approved for a 3K mastercard with RBFCU!

I have been building for some time and recently joined RBFCU. I was told my score was 648, so I decided to try to get their 0% intro rate for balance transfers and was approved! 3K! My next highest card is $750. It's exciting and I can finally see the end of this nightmare! They ask for the amount you would like and I asked for 3K. Almost wish I asked for more! Maybe in a few months when my student loans are rehabbed. 

I also applied for a car loan and was approved for 7.99%. I chose to go with BMW financial, but was relieved that I was approved. I plan to refi with them once my score is over 720 and I qualify for 1.65%. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for a 3K mastercard with RBFCU!

@ah32 wrote:

I have been building for some time and recently joined RBFCU. I was told my score was 648, so I decided to try to get their 0% intro rate for balance transfers and was approved! 3K! My next highest card is $750. It's exciting and I can finally see the end of this nightmare! They ask for the amount you would like and I asked for 3K. Almost wish I asked for more! Maybe in a few months when my student loans are rehabbed. 

I also applied for a car loan and was approved for 7.99%. I chose to go with BMW financial, but was relieved that I was approved. I plan to refi with them once my score is over 720 and I qualify for 1.65%. 

Congrats!!!

Can you provide some stats, like AAOA or any baddies

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 2 of 14
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals, you might want to consider DCU for the refi on your auto they offer 1.49% and minimum CS of 680. Rbfcu is great to deal with but to qualify for the 1.65% might take some time. Good Luck.

Message 3 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the auto and card approvals Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Transunion is my highest score and RBFCU pulls transunion. I have 6 baddies. Average age is 4 years. 3 of my baddies are my student loans that will be rehabbed soon. My other 3 baddies are paid after collection accounts and will be removed in October unless I can get the bureaus to remove as an early exclusion. My score could possibly jump over 720! I'm hopeful! Plus, my utilization is going to be much better once I transfer some balances. It's all coming together! I plan to pay off my debt in the 9 months I have 0% interest! Now that I bought a car, my next goal is to buy a house in the next year or two.

Message 5 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats on both the auto and card approvals

Message 6 of 14
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! One other thing,they didn't pull an auto enhanced score for my auto application. From what I can tell, they pulled the fico bank card score 4 which is what I think they used for my credit application. 

Message 7 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval! 

Message 8 of 14
ah32
Frequent Contributor

It's a great day!! I paid off 5 high interest credit cards at 0% with my new card. It was extremely easy! Transferred a cash advance to my new checking and made the payments immediately. They give you the same 0% with no added fees. I triple verified to be sure. It feels awesome and I'll definitely be a customer for life! Who knew this could feel so fantastic?!

I was a little concerned to use the full amount (now I wish I had asked for more!!), but I plan to pay off as quickly as possible. If they see I'm paying off this card, I hope they'll be open to a credit limit increase in the future. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.