Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for discover and amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for discover and amex

So I was approved for discover 4K limit and Amex at 500? Said I can get increase after 5 statements? Anyone have any experience with that?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for discover and amex

Congrats! Amex has been offering this program for a short time now. I haven't heard of anyone reaching the 5 month mark yet so hopefully someone who has will chime in.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! DH was offered the Amex program just 2 months ago. He tried for the 61 day CLI today and was declined. Make sure you read the terms carefully. I will report back when he gets an increase, but I too haven't seen anyone post results at the end of the 5 statement cycle yet.
Message 3 of 6
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I too was on the same program I guess you can call it.  After 5th statement cut, I attempted the cli and was denied, letter said it was due my credit score being too low (Amex Exp 656).  Then my 6th statement cut, they did an auto increase from $500 to $1000.  Will try for another cli in 6 months.  I have both the BCE and the Amex EC on that same program, Amex EC just hit its 5th statement, hoping for the same thing to happen to it. If you credit score is higher, hopefully you will receive a bigger increase.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Co grats on nice Disco slSmiley Happy. Amex wants to get to know you so treat the card right, in the end itll be worth itSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the inputs! I will do great by these cards. I also applied for the Wells Fargo visa signature card and got approved but no details yet..

After today I will be in the garden for a long while!

cards i have are as follow:

penfed power cash $18k 1 month old

citi dc $1k 1 month old

walmart store card $3.5k 2 years old

wf secured $400 5 years old

capital QS $500 3 years old

today I applied for:

discover it, approved for $4k

Amex ED $500

WF VS no details yet... 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.