Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for home depot card

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

Approved for home depot card

I hate store cards. I barley shop at home depot. So why did I apply? I went up there to buy 4 things from them, a tool box and 3 sticks of concrete caulking. Total price was $28. I reached in my wallet to pay cash. The cashier told me if I apped and got approved for their card I would get a $25 gift card to apply to my purchase, saving....well..... $25 bucks hehe. Smiley Happy I thought for a while. I haven't apped for anything in over 6 months. I went for it, approved 4k. Yay I guess lol.

I got the $25 gift card which brought my $28 total to $3. That is all I owe on the card. I will pay that and cancel the card in about 6 months, maybe a year, or I might just let the thing cancel itself out. I always wanted to try that.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for home depot card

Congrats on your waste of HP LOL
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 13
black_citi
Established Contributor

I have about 10 or so HPs from 2 years ago falling off this year and another 6 falling off next year. I have no other CC's I will be apping for anytime soon. I'm not worried about 1 HP Smiley Happy
Make More, Spend Less
Message 3 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Well congrats, at least, on the $3 purchase!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@DoroLucky wrote:

Nothing like an early morning giggle....LOL!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 13
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@DoroLucky wrote:

Kinda seems like the OP went on a drunkin app spree and now regrets it LOL. It's okay OP, I felt (and still do) the same way after my GM Buy Power app and approval of Smiley Surprised$750Smiley SadSmiley Very HappySmiley LOL

TCL= $172,800
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 13
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

BTW, HD sent me a pre-approval several weeks ago and I didn't take it. A year ago, I would have jumped on it like I did my waste of HP on the Buy Power card and be sitting in HP regret right now LOL.

Besides I do not own a home and I prefer Lowes, they give lots and lots of money Smiley Happy LOL. Can't wait to get my home and go on an app spree, Lowes is def on my list Smiley Happy
TCL= $172,800

Message 7 of 13
black_citi
Established Contributor

@DoroLucky wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@DoroLucky wrote:

Kinda seems like the OP went on a drunkin app spree and now regrets it LOL. It's okay OP, I felt (and still do) the same way after my GM Buy Power app and approval of Smiley Surprised$750Smiley SadSmiley Very HappySmiley LOL

OMG SMH!! Can you explain to me as to what logical reason would you assume I regretted applying for a simple CC? Can you? Why would I regret getting ONE hp? Did you not read what I typed after the last guys response? Sometimes I wonder if some of ya'll take this credit thing a wee bit too serious lol. 😂😂 By the time I app for another card (if I want another), that ONE would've fallen off lololol. SMH

Make More, Spend Less
Message 8 of 13
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Well your initial post suggested that. Anyway, never mind me, I'm just here for laughs and that post was really a joke. Sorry, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. And you're right, CREDIT is serious business, very very serious LOL.

TCL= $172,800

Message 9 of 13
black_citi
Established Contributor

I wasn't upset, I was just confused. I know most on here hate when you app for something that you won't use but I have no regrets at all about apping. I actually applied for the card 1 week ago and forgot about it. I didn't remember I had it until I was sorting through some papers and found the brochure the cashier gave me. 

Make More, Spend Less
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.