Re: Approved for home depot card

Oh and no need to apologize DoroLucky Smiley Happy

Make More, Spend Less
Message 11 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@black_citi wrote:

I wasn't upset, I was just confused. I know most on here hate when you app for something that you won't use but I have no regrets at all about apping. I actually applied for the card 1 week ago and forgot about it. I didn't remember I had it until I was sorting through some papers and found the brochure the cashier gave me. 

"Waste" is always subjective when it comes to credit... in my opinion, you got $25 from the transaction, so it wasn't a waste. 

Who knows, you might even find the card valuable at some point; if not, you can close it or simply let Citi close it for non-use.  As long as you're not micro-managing your numbers at the moment for a mortgage or other 'big' purchase, I don't see the harm.

Also, since this is the 'Approvals' sub-forum, this is the perfect place to announce your new acquisitions.  While not prohibited here, I would recommend anyone wanting to discuss the Home Depot card in a critical light to take the conversation over to the 'Credit Cards' sub-forum, where it will get plenty of exposure.  Smiley Wink

That being said, congrats on your Home Depot approval!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 13
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@black_citi wrote:

I wasn't upset, I was just confused. I know most on here hate when you app for something that you won't use but I have no regrets at all about apping. I actually applied for the card 1 week ago and forgot about it. I didn't remember I had it until I was sorting through some papers and found the brochure the cashier gave me. 

I know and honestly, it's not that serious for me. I was really being funny lol 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.