cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for my dream card, FIRMLY in the garden now!

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

Approved for my dream card, FIRMLY in the garden now!

When I started building my credit a year and a half ago, the BCE/BCP was the card I wanted the most. It's not metal or extremely flashy, but I think it looks nice and you can't beat 6% cashback on the majority of my purchases. I was initially denied for the card, so I applied for the Zync. Denied 3 times after getting a Zync, and after having the Zync for 11 months I was finally approved.

Very surprised I was approved as each credit bureau has 20+ inquiries. Granted, half of those inquiries are from shopping for an auto loan, but I went on an app spree in November 2012 and opened up about 8 new accounts. I used my Zync a decent amount; about $5k in 11 months. Not much spend, but that's 1/5th of my annual income, so they should be happy. Scores at the time of being approved were probably around 730, will find out when I get my paperwork. Ironic thing is, I was previously denied in November with 750+ scores. Go figure.

Really happy about this. 6% cash back on groceries and I can buy Walmart, gas station, and Amazon gift cards at my local grocery store, which means I'm effectively getting 6% cash back on the majority of my spending. I doubt I'll spend enough to hit the 6% cap, and even if I do, I have a Freedom and Discover IT which can be used for 5% to delay me hitting the cap. Getting married in a year, so my fiancee will be added to the card to maximize cash back.

Can't wait to get the card in the mail!

EDIT: Is there an annual fee for additional card members? The website isn't very clear, but I think it was telling me there isn't. If so, that's weird, as I pay $15/year for my sister to be added to my Zync account. I figure the BCP would have an even higher additional card member fee.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approved for my dream card, FIRMLY in the garden now!

Message 2 of 12
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.  Smiley Happy

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 3 of 12
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

What a difference a month makesSmiley Wink Congrats and enjoy!

Message 4 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

remember it's technically a 4.75% grocery card after the $75 annual fee and $6,000 cap =(    (assuming you hit the limit)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 12
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congrats!
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 6 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 12
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

remember it's technically a 4.75% grocery card after the $75 annual fee and $6,000 cap =(    (assuming you hit the limit)

Thought they are giving a $150 bonus, so it would be the full 6% for the first 2 yrs. Right?

Message 8 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

cool...congrats! looking forward to this feeling in 2014 Smiley Happy. ...see you in the garden!
Message 9 of 12
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Awesome!! That must feel good.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.