Valued Contributor
boomhower

Re: Approved for my dream card, FIRMLY in the garden now!

Congrats.  You'll love the card. 

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Approved for my dream card, FIRMLY in the garden now!

NewSurrender wrote:

When I started building my credit a year and a half ago, the BCE/BCP was the card I wanted the most. It's not metal or extremely flashy, but I think it looks nice and you can't beat 6% cashback on the majority of my purchases. I was initially denied for the card, so I applied for the Zync. Denied 3 times after getting a Zync, and after having the Zync for 11 months I was finally approved.

Very surprised I was approved as each credit bureau has 20+ inquiries. Granted, half of those inquiries are from shopping for an auto loan, but I went on an app spree in November 2012 and opened up about 8 new accounts. I used my Zync a decent amount; about $5k in 11 months. Not much spend, but that's 1/5th of my annual income, so they should be happy. Scores at the time of being approved were probably around 730, will find out when I get my paperwork. Ironic thing is, I was previously denied in November with 750+ scores. Go figure.

Really happy about this. 6% cash back on groceries and I can buy Walmart, gas station, and Amazon gift cards at my local grocery store, which means I'm effectively getting 6% cash back on the majority of my spending. I doubt I'll spend enough to hit the 6% cap, and even if I do, I have a Freedom and Discover IT which can be used for 5% to delay me hitting the cap. Getting married in a year, so my fiancee will be added to the card to maximize cash back.

Can't wait to get the card in the mail!

EDIT:Is there an annual fee for additional card members? The website isn't very clear, but I think it was telling me there isn't. If so, that's weird, as I pay $15/year for my sister to be added to my Zync account. I figure the BCP would have an even higher additional card member fee.

CONGRATS!!!!

I'll be taking the plunge for that card in January!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}