cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you ready for Amazon Prime Day? I am now!

tag
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Are you ready for Amazon Prime Day? I am now!

I am a member of Amazon Prime so I thought I should get their Prime card.  I got it Dec. 2015 with a $1000 limit.

I keeped the balance down and in April they gave me a small $300 increase.

In May I decided to push it and called Credit Soulutions at 877-379-8173.  I asked for $10,000.  They countered with $6000.  Happy camper here.

They have been advertising the heck out of their Prime Day, July 12th, so I thought I would call CS today.

I asked for $15,000 and they countered with $10,000.

It took several minutes to get this approval because I imagine they have been getting quite a few calls the last several days.

I don't expect to go wild tomorrow.  I have gone through my wish lists and have made a note of items I need or really want.  I am just glad I have a high enough limit that I can make purchases and not worry about going over a 10% level.

Just thought I would share.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are you ready for Amazon Prime Day? I am now!

@Grafton88 wrote:

I am a member of Amazon Prime so I thought I should get their Prime card.  I got it Dec. 2015 with a $1000 limit.

I keeped the balance down and in April they gave me a small $300 increase.

In May I decided to push it and called Credit Soulutions at 877-379-8173.  I asked for $10,000.  They countered with $6000.  Happy camper here.

They have been advertising the heck out of their Prime Day, July 12th, so I thought I would call CS today.

I asked for $15,000 and they countered with $10,000.

It took several minutes to get this approval because I imagine they have been getting quite a few calls the last several days.

I don't expect to go wild tomorrow.  I have gone through my wish lists and have made a note of items I need or really want.  I am just glad I have a high enough limit that I can make purchases and not worry about going over a 10% level.

Just thought I would share.

Congratulations On Your Approval....Thanks For Sharing..Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Surprised

Message 2 of 31
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Thanks Super_AL.  I know some people are reluctant to call but it is easier than they think.

Message 3 of 31
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

^^^ Ditto. Im not calling CS until Halloween at least.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I asked for 10,000 thru chat today and was denied. I didn't want to bother calling.
Message 5 of 31
Grafton88
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats. I asked for 10,000 thru chat today and was denied. I didn't want to bother calling.

Sorry to hear that.  Your scores look good.  When did you get your last CLI?

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last cli was June 5th
Message 7 of 31
Grafton88
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My last cli was June 5th

It would be interesting to see their reason for denial.   Did they say they would send you a letter?

Message 8 of 31
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

I was inspired by your post, called credit solutions, asked for $2k (am at $1k), and was approved.  

Now I wish I had asked for more, and I'm worried it wasn't a soft pull.  He didn't say he was pulling a credit report, he just said he was putting me on hold to reivew my credit report.  I hope this didn't boot me out of the garden.

If it did, it's not a disaster (but it would have been smarter if I'd asked for 4 or 5k!).

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 9 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats @grafton88! Nice increase. Do you mind sharing your score , inquiries etc. $6000 seems to be standard limit for certain profiles so i was wondering if you are over 700 on your TU and what if anything changed in your profile since your last increase 2 months ago. This would be a great data point. Kind thanks!Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.