Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI from Cap 1!

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Auto CLI from Cap 1!

@kats_rebuild wrote:

You were right, I had never even looked at the documents before. Apparently this was a credit steps card. The letter from April stated that I would be eligible for a $500 increase after 5 months of ontime payments and usage. Do you think the $2000 increase is just a really generous step? Or could I get an additional $500 CLI?

hit the luv button and good luck it may go it may not but can't hurt since its a SP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 15
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

I just finished the credit steps for both my Cap1 cards. Received a 3,000 increase on the card that I never paid in full on(0% intro rate) while receiving a 250 increase on the one I always paid in full on.  Pretty safe to deduce Cap 1 doesn't like me paying in full. The second card is pretty much sock-drawered

Message 12 of 15
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!! That was a pleasant surprise and unusual for Cap1. It seems like Cap1 is very inconsistant with their policy with cli's. They said to me that after 5 month of ontime payments, I would receive a cli but 1 year came and gone and no increase. Yes ontime payment helps but just because you make ontime payments doesn't guarantee you to cli. They go by your overall credit history when they review for a cli. I think that Cap1 should reward customer with cli by the relationship with Cap1 and how they make payments WITH Cap1 and not your overall history.

I had this argument with a Cap1 csr on why don't they consider my good payments with you and reward customer for their loyalty with Cap1 instead of looking at how they pay with other creditors?? It seems like when asking for a cli, it's like applying for a new credit card!! I don't get it maybe someone on this forum have some insight or experiences.

Message 13 of 15
Poozie121
Contributor

@JSS3. Congrats on your CLI...how long after your 5th statement did you get the CLI and what was your utilization at the time? Thanks
Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 14 of 15
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Poozie121 wrote:
@JSS3. Congrats on your CLI...how long after your 5th statement did you get the CLI and what was your utilization at the time? Thanks

1st CLI---- I had a balance $100+/500.  I got the 3,000 increase when they closed my 6th statement.  I wanted to make sure I was in the clear to spend again(by making sure that the next month's due date and minimum due was appearing) I wanted the charges on the next bill. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised to see it increased and THAT much.Smiley LOL

By that time, I guess they saw that my only other credit card (other than my 2nd Cap1), Fingerhut, had increased me to 1,100

Second Cap1 increase--- I had $27/500. I got 250 when they closed my 6th statement.

That's all they saw as I collected the rest of the cards during the months of August and Sept. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.