cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome approval NFCU! And Nice Approvals Penfed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approval NFCU! And Nice Approvals Penfed!

Long story short had some issues with membership with an organization allowing entrance into NFCU.  Got it fixed and took the plunge and applied for the Go Rewards as the cash rewards makes no sense having a Quicksilver card.....BOOM! 25K @ the lowest 9.74% rate!  Awesome! But that wasn't enough...hadn't asked Penfed for anything in over 90 days by the way of increases and the Amex they gave me has been busy lately with PIF anytime a balance posted.. In short here are my approvals by the way of CLI, 

Penfed PLOC 20k---->25K! (Originally 10k last year),  Platinum Rewards Visa Siggy 20k----->25k!, Newest Amex that started at 5k---> Boom ! 10k!.  Time to close unnecessary trade lines now and look what I absolutely don't want and need.   All in all a great day!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Awesome approval NFCU! And Nice Approvals Penfed!

Awesome day!! Congratulations Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks baller! It's a good day for sure! Thought about navy's PLOC but not sure it makes sense at this point might just sit in gardening mode indefinitely or Pc to flagship when I move to Texas with my fiancée, good times for sure!
Message 3 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yayyy Texas! It's hot as hell here right now. Supposed to hit triple digits this weekend here in Houston! 🔥🔥🔥
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dam mm lol well be going to Brownsville McAllen area haha crazy having the ocean nearby will be nice
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic, congrats on your wonderful approvals !!!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 14
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting into NFCU! I'm in PENFED now.  I have to recon my app. They said I have too many accounts.

do you know if they recon on the weekends?

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey beach,

yes they hey do not sure how late but they do stuff on Sunday's as well I had a nice penfed lady call me asking if I was interested in moving up to the affinity versions of the cards however I decided new trade lines for current cards weren't worth it.  I'll PM you my story but it was eventually pushed thru and took th  plunge when I saw that email fo m navy talking about it.  A lot of folks get good results from the survey they send but I'd write to them and ask them to couldn't hurt,  I have a lot of accounts too and they don't seem to have a problem and they're usually good to loosening up before 90 days are up for a HP.

Message 9 of 14
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Good to hear! I'm really impressed so far with Navy Federal. I was in the branch making a deposit because I can't use the scan deposit and mobile deposit apps yet. I deposited checks and the deposits were available immediately.

The lady who opened my accounts came out of her office and told that they are going to have some new HELOC promotions coming up.

I'm trying to get into PenFed like I did with Navy. I will let you know what happens when it gets resolved.

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.