Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Approval $2500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Approval $2500

Just App'd over the phone for BBVA and was approved for $2500 SL.    I was hoping for more, but at least it's an approval. 

Representative said they couldn't change SL over the phone as part of application.

Any tips on CLI?    They pulled EX

8 REPLIES 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: BBVA Approval $2500

Congrats m8, wait few months before cli

Message 2 of 9
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!Smiley LOL

Condolences on the issuerSmiley Sad

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 9
peghede
Valued Contributor

Why u say that m8, BBVA is been so good to me huge cl.actually they one on my best  ones.

Message 4 of 9
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Some of the CSR’s are downright rude.

i hold a grudge😂

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 9
peghede
Valued Contributor

LOL, cmon m8 ,you want sweet talk or bussines? sweet talk then chase is for you.heh

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats on the approval! I got in with them in Nov from a mailer. I can echo the comment that the customer reps can have a bit of attitude. After reading some of the reviews and getting some first hand information about them, my manager uses them as her primary bank and she's itching to change, I sock drawered the card so I may not be the best source. Also just remembered one of the first times I tried to use the card online to buy something the charge declined... On a 2 hour activated card so theres that. But overall they haven't been the worst I've dealt with but not anywhere near AMEX and Penfeds level of service and whatnot.

That said again congratulations on the approval. I know I just spent a paragraph basically s*****g on them but you could do worse ::cough:: credit one ::cough:: Im generally content even though my previous statements may not make it seem like that. Here's hoping you have nothing but sunshine and roses on your end Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval, @Anonymous!  screamer.gif

I've been with BBVA/Compass Bank off-and-on since the late 90s, so I can relate to some of the feedback that's been provided here, and it's not without reason.

That said, they 'lured' be back with a mailer back in the fall for their ClearPoints Visa, and so far it's worked out well for me.  I had to call them to get online access set up (they still had my old profile on record) but once that was done the card has worked flawlessly and I've not had to contact them since.

I have my 3% category set for 'travel' which has worked out well so far, but I will admit that redemption is a little 'wonky' (it takes a couple of days after a transaction posts to get the extra points for 3x and 2x categories, and you have to use a separate website/login) but otherwise it's OK.

So far my only real complaint is that if I use bill pay to "push" a payment it's sent by paper check rather than ACH (this is using either WF or USAA) and others have reported the same, so apparently there's an issue with BBVA.  This is easily solved by letting them 'pull' payments, but that's a little 'wonky' as well, at least until you do it a couple of times and know what to expect.

Sorry for the thesis, just wanting to chime-in that I have "history" with BBVA/Compass but so far their card is working out for me, and I'm sure it will for you, too!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your bestbuy virginiaSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.