Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA ClearPoints VISA $12,000 CL!

tag
MacRoadie
Contributor

BBVA ClearPoints VISA $12,000 CL!

Received a pre-qualified mailer for the BBVA ClearPoints VISA in the mail today. This is my first post-CHP 13 non CreditOne/Indigo type pre-qual so I decided to go for it. I read all of the threads prior to committing and have seen Anne the bad (as well as the good), but figured since there’s no AF, it would as least be good to my util %. Prior to this, my best card is my Discover IT card, that opened with an $800 CL with an auto CLI TO $1,100 at 3 months. Even BofA would only give me a secured card even though my mortgage is with them. I also have the usual assortment of shopping cart cards.

Anyway, took the plunge and applied online, and got a CL of $12,000! Going triple points on travel as this is all I will use the card for, if I use it at all. Right now my go-to card travel card is my AmEx Gold Rewards card. Super happy though to have an actual credit card (not charge card) in the 5 digits again, even if it’s not the absolute best card with stellar awards.

FICO 8 (7/24/19) EX: 682, EQ: 701, TU: 700

FICO 8 (10/14/19) EX: 710, EQ: 711, TU: 709
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA ClearPoints VISA

Congrats! What amounts to a “good” card is very subjective. If it suits your spend and provides benefits that are a fit for you, THEN IT’S GOOD!!! Well done!
Message 2 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MacRoadie wrote:

Received a pre-qualified mailer for the BBVA ClearPoints VISA in the mail today. This is my first post-CHP 13 non CreditOne/Indigo type pre-qual so I decided to go for it. I read all of the threads prior to committing and have seen Anne the bad (as well as the good), but figured since there’s no AF, it would as least be good to my util %. Prior to this, my best card is my Discover IT card, that opened with an $800 CL with an auto CLI TO $1,100 at 3 months. Even BofA would only give me a secured card even though my mortgage is with them. I also have the usual assortment of shopping cart cards.

Anyway, took the plunge and applied online, and got a CL of $12,000! Going triple points on travel as this is all I will use the card for, if I use it at all. Right now my go-to card travel card is my AmEx Gold Rewards card. Super happy though to have an actual credit card (not charge card) in the 5 digits again, even if it’s not the absolute best card with stellar awards.

Good job and huge congrats on a great approval!  screamer.gif

I have it as well, and I also use it for the 3x Travel category.  It does work as advertised, but the rewards redemption is a bit 'wonky' compared to other issuers.  Also, I usually get 1x points when a travel charge posts, then a few days later it will change to 3x, so don't be alarmed if you don't get all your points right away (again, wonky...).  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
MacRoadie
Contributor

To be honest, at this point I’m in a rebuilding phase. Not getting points for using a credit card is of zero concern to me. A reasonable AF isn’t a deal breaker either.  I’m more concerned with maintaining good income to debt ratios and rebuilding solid credit lines. Again, this definitely isn’t a top tier card issuer, but conversely not a Credit One, First Premier, or Milestone, so that’s a win in my book. 

FICO 8 (7/24/19) EX: 682, EQ: 701, TU: 700

FICO 8 (10/14/19) EX: 710, EQ: 711, TU: 709
Message 4 of 8
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA ClearPoints VISA $12,000 CL!

Congrats!!
Message 6 of 8
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Nicely done! BBVA has been a great bank for me. Great products and easy approvals with good terms. Hope they get a branch in VA soon...they would get more of my business.
FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 7 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your first big limit approval there!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.