Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE American Express Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCE American Express Approval!

I just applied for a BCE Amex and got approved for $8200 SL.   I wasn't sure I would be approved because I just got approved for Discover It for $7500 a week ago but I took the risk and applied anyway.

Here are some data points.

My FICO is around 680 or up depending on which credit report is pulled.   Not sure which was used for Amex yet.

My AAofA is 5-6 years.  Older student loans helped this a lot.

My utilization was 23% at the time of this app. but now will fall to 17% (working toward 9%)

my cards:and CL's

Merrick $2100 

MEFCU (my credit union) $1000

CapOne QS $4500

CapOne Plat $1500

Fingerhut $2400

kohls $300

Discover $7500

BCE Amex $8200!!!

I've come so far in 2 years...my fico was 540 then and barely saved some of these accounts due to unemloyement.  so have like 12 late payments but no charge off's from back then.   If I can do it you can too.   I wish everyone the best this year...mine is starting off so much better than I thought it would.   I'll be gardening until I get a new car by the end of the year.

Thank you for all the awesome advice and encouragement.Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BCE American Express Approval!

Very well done!!!  Very inspirational rebuild story too!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

congrats!

Message 3 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP those are some awesome cards and great starting limits !!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for a BCE Amex and got approved for $8200 SL.   I wasn't sure I would be approved because I just got approved for Discover It for $7500 a week ago but I took the risk and applied anyway.

Here are some data points.

My FICO is around 680 or up depending on which credit report is pulled.   Not sure which was used for Amex yet.

My AAofA is 5-6 years.  Older student loans helped this a lot.

My utilization was 23% at the time of this app. but now will fall to 17% (working toward 9%)

my cards:and CL's

Merrick $2100 

MEFCU (my credit union) $1000

CapOne QS $4500

CapOne Plat $1500

Fingerhut $2400

kohls $300

Discover $7500

BCE Amex $8200!!!

I've come so far in 2 years...my fico was 540 then and barely saved some of these accounts due to unemloyement.  so have like 12 late payments but no charge off's from back then.   If I can do it you can too.   I wish everyone the best this year...mine is starting off so much better than I thought it would.   I'll be gardening until I get a new car by the end of the year.

Thank you for all the awesome advice and encouragement.Smiley Very Happy

Wow! Congrats.. Indeed a success story.. Keep up the great work on hitting that utilization.

I managed to learn the system now in trying to pay at least 90% of my balance before the statement closes and just pay the leftover after it closes.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.