cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE and Discover It approval

BCE and Discover It approval

I started lurking around here about a month ago, about the same time I started investigating if my credit had gotten any better after acting like a fool in my 20's. I had a 4 year old QS1 $259/$2800 and 2 store cards with $0 balance. Decided last week to app for the BCE and Discover It and was instantly approved for Amex- $2000 and disco- $5000. I can't tell you how helpful this forum has been.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: BCE and Discover It approval

Congrats on two great cards and welcome to the forums
Message 2 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Those are two awesome cards to have in your wallet!Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Skitmo wrote:
I started lurking around here about a month ago, about the same time I started investigating if my credit had gotten any better after acting like a fool in my 20's. I had a 4 year old QS1 $259/$2800 and 2 store cards with $0 balance. Decided last week to app for the BCE and Discover It and was instantly approved for Amex- $2000 and disco- $5000. I can't tell you how helpful this forum has been.

Yes I agree this forum has help me turn my credit situation completely around.  Congratulations to you!!

In the garden as of March 17, 2017.

Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Hilton Surpass $6K l Aviator Red $3.5K | Best Buy $6K | Amazon $6K | Chase $5K | BBVA $6K | UFCU $10K | NFCU $15K
Message 4 of 11
Super Contributor

2 awesome approvals. 5k Disco is sweeter than grandma's pie and Amex will sprout wings and redbull your credit to a whole other levelSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Frequent Contributor

congrats!
Message 6 of 11
Regular Contributor

Excellent! I have both and love them.  

Starting Scores: 09.03.16
EQ: 569 TU: 591 EX: 570

Current Scores:
EQ: 674 TU: 730 EX: 679
Message 7 of 11
Valued Contributor

Skitmo wrote:

Congrats, those 2 are what I recommend to most people building/rebuilding.

In 61 days your Amex could be at $6,000. Some people wait a few more days.

In 90 days you may get or ask for a CLI from Discover.

Message 8 of 11
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Did you go through the pre-approval site for either card? When I got my Discover It earlier today, I went to Discover's pre-approval site and got a good offer with a solid APR. On the other hand, I checked Amex's pre-approval site just now and came up empty - shucks. I guess I'll just have to wait a while and try them again later.

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/14, well along in rebuilding credit. FICO 12/1/17:TU 663/EX 697/EQ 688 FICO 8 (Aug 2017) or 680 FICO 9 (Penfed Sep 2017), VS 3.0 12/1/17: TU 699/EX 687/EQ 693. $33.2K revolving credit as of 11/7/17; $951 Cap One secured Platinum MC, $2000 Apple FCU Platinum Visa, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $3500 Walmart Store Card, $3500 Cap One Quicksilver MC, $4000 Care Credit, $4300 Overstock Store Card, $4500 Discover It, $7000 Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan. In the garden again from 10/26/17 for at least the next 3 months unless I get a really really good preapproval.
Message 9 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your double approvals!!

AMEX Platinum Card- NPSL // AMEX Green Card- NPSL // Bank of America Travel Rewards // Chase Sapphire Preferred // AMEX Delta Skymile Rewards // Venture One // Barclays JetBlue MC // Synchrony Walmart MC // Barclays Apple Rewards // AMEX BCE // Blaze MC // BP Gas
Message 10 of 11