That stinks!

I'm confused, what stinks? Smiley Frustrated

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 11 of 20
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: BML Approval, Gotta love the Hidden Tradeline

@BrokaToe wrote:

I just purchased a Droid x2 from eBay and went to check out.  My PayPal account didn't have quite enough in it to fullfill the purchase so it was gonna have to pull some from my bank account.  I didn't really want to do it that way and the BML "Please Apply" popup was flashing all in my face...lol

So I thought what the heck, I've been on somewhat of a mini spree lately so I thought I'd just go for it. I've been receiving at least 1 email a day offering, BML, Smart Connect, the MC. So I pulled the trigger and BAM, You're Approved popped up!

I finished my purchase and then went into the BML account and they gave me a Credit LIne of $474, don't know if this is really that good for BML but I'll take it. My purchase was only $73.95 so I guess they wanted me to have a little extra...lol

I also got this in my account:

BML2.PNG

This seems very cool, I'm still looking into it some more but there's a ton of stores that are part of this program. Has anyone had much experience with this lately?

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked about the hidden tradeline and I hear they pull EQ so that's good.  I just got HPs on my EX and TU the other day for my new cards so EQ will get some luv too. Smiley Happy

Congrats  on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 20
IWOL
Established Contributor

You can have bothe BML and Smart Connect but you have to have 2 paypal accounts if you want the BML connected to paypal..

You could apply for a BML account on its own but wont be able to link it to same paypal account as your smart connect.

Message 13 of 20
sadiespapa
New Contributor

Does BML report monthly as a TL on the credit reports?

JUL 2015 FICO: EX 705 | EQ 694 | TU 692
APR 2014 FICO: EX 651 | EQ 635 | TU 671
DEC 2013 FICO: EX 628 | EQ 559 | TU 655
Message 14 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@sadiespapa wrote:

Does BML report monthly as a TL on the credit reports?

From what I understand it does not. That's the best part of it I think, not everyone would agree, but to me I love that it's hidden. I hope it is still hidden since Comenity took over BML. Hopefully someone else will confirm that for certain.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. Got confused with a different posting.
Message 16 of 20
trzarocks

It doesn't report as a TL, but they HP at account creation and SP the heck out of you.

I take the 6mo 0% offers and pay the balance over the interest free period.  Then I start over with another offer.  It's actually my largest TL ATM.

Message 17 of 20
sadiespapa
New Contributor

I read over one of the app invites paypal sends me every other day. I went ahead and applied.

Approved for $2K!

Now my largest open TL! The promotional 6-month financing is great, and so many places take BML/Paypal, so this will be pretty useful to me.

Message 18 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@sadiespapa wrote:

I read over one of the app invites paypal sends me every other day. I went ahead and applied.

Approved for $2K!

Now my largest open TL! The promotional 6-month financing is great, and so many places take BML/Paypal, so this will be pretty useful to me.

Good deal, yah I hear they usually give larger starting lines if you just outright apply instead of doing it during a purchase. But I had stuff to buy, so I did it during checkout.  My favorite part is that it doesn't show up on your credit report and is not factored into utilization! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 20
sadiespapa
New Contributor

Hah, I would think it'd be the other way around, honestly I figured it would be $250 limit since theres nothing in my 'cart.' But, maybe since I clicked their app invite in an email? 

I had reservations at first about BML not reporting each month, because im in a rebuilding phase and I'd like to show the activity and payment history. But If I end up utilizing this for 6-month interest free financing, it probably is a good thing that they do not report! (Espcially from a utilization standpoint.) 

Congrats to you BTW, OP!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.