Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Approval

tag
Caldric
New Contributor

BOA Approval

Last year I applied with BOA and think they offered me a secured card 500 dollars for 99 deposit one. I declined it but today I applied for the BOA Cash Rewards and they approved with 1000 SL. Was really low but most people seem to like BOA so is that bad and going to stay there forever like some cards or is it pretty good if I use and PIF? How do you use it carry a small balance or use and pay off? Seemed low since I have other cards much higher.

I didn't really need to transfer anything since I am Util at about 12% of 52k revolving would have been nice but still year or so 0 apr. Most of that utility is on CU card at 8.9% (hard to beat a Credit Union).

Scores are 711 722 719

Also should I just open a online checking acount and use it as savings? I hear you can deposit your rewards points into it with a little bonus. Not sure if that is true don't have the agreement right now.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ericp4440
Established Member

Re: BOA Approval

Congrats on your approval! 

The card will definitively grow. I opened my BofA 99/500 card in June, it was unsecured in January and increased to 1,600. Today I received another increase to 3,800. I've used it quite a bit and had a small balance report each month. Love BofA so far and as for the cash rewards I just use them as a statement credit. They have to be redeemed in $25 increments.

Current FICO 8 Scores: 4/2017 (TU 680, EX 725, EQ 661)
Starting FICO 8 Scores: 4/2015 (TU 470, EX 500, EQ 439)
Message 2 of 7
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!

BOA is awesome! They gave me a 4XCLI after only 3 months (from 2K to 8K)!

Do BOA right and they will do the same to you!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 3 of 7
Caldric
New Contributor

Thanks guys makes the low SL seem ok. Maybe should have jumped on the secured a year ago!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone the other day started at $1k and asked for $5k on the 2nd or 3rd cut. They got it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your BOA Approval. I just received my card in the mail today so we'll watch together and see how well this card can grow.

I have friends tht love BOA and think it's one of the fast CLI cards. I sure hope so.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I am at $3K, and it'll be 6 months + when I can safely click the button (mortgage closing), would it be good odds that I can ask for $10K and be accepted for that?  Do they counter or just flat out deny?

Reason I am asking is that I would like to use the card for a new bed and a chair instead of using cash or Rooms 2 Go financing (read horror stories about furniture financing and how it reports).  But I also want the higher CL so that I can buy and still stay under a certain percentage utilization on the card.  Thanks for any advice!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.