Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI....and I fell out of the garden

tag
CreditControl
Contributor

BOA CLI....and I fell out of the garden

Well, 2 days in the garden and already I've fallen out....  After my balance transfer to BOA last night I woke up thinking I would rather more "cushion" in the credit line and I had not recon'd my initial limit because I felt 8k was nice.  So I called this morning hoping that they would use the same HP from last week but was told because the account was "created" it had to be another HP.  He confirmed it would be from TU and I knew I had the least inquiries with them so I went for it.  I requested 12k and was instantly approved.  Why do I always feel like I should have gone for more when these instant approvals come through?

Back to the garden....

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
HiLine
Blogger

Re: BOA CLI....and I fell out of the garden

With Bank of America you should always request the highest amount imaginable - they are very generous. But hey, that's still a 50% increase! Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
CreditControl
Contributor

And especially since I was taking a HD anyway!  I am learning....

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 9
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 5 of 9
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats, nice bump!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@CreditControl wrote:

Well, 2 days in the garden and already I've fallen out....  After my balance transfer to BOA last night I woke up thinking I would rather more "cushion" in the credit line and I had not recon'd my initial limit because I felt 8k was nice.  So I called this morning hoping that they would use the same HP from last week but was told because the account was "created" it had to be another HP.  He confirmed it would be from TU and I knew I had the least inquiries with them so I went for it.  I requested 12k and was instantly approved.  Why do I always feel like I should have gone for more when these instant approvals come through?

Back to the garden....

Well,  you did better than me. I lasted all of 12 hrs. lol

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 8 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats. Now come back to the Garden and stop me from leaving also. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.