Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI!

tag
kyjd-2015
Established Member

BOA CLI!

So, I received my monthly call from BOA reminding me that I had 0% on BTs. I joked saying if you raised my limit above 1000 then I would love to transfer my balances. She laughed and said I could apply for a CLI. 3 glasses of wine later I was feeling brave. Filled out the form and asked for $3000 and got the 7-10 day message. I assumed declined. Logged in today and what do I find? My CL was increased from $1000 to $3000. I jut got the card in Febuary and the third statement has not cut. Pretty happy right now. Smiley Happy
EQ-679 TU-721 EX-?

Citi Diamond Preferred ($1K) Cap One Venture ($2500) Discover IT ($4400) Chase Slate ($400) BofA Case Visa ($1000) CiTi AA ($2800)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BOA CLI!

@kyjd-2015 wrote:
So, I received my monthly call from BOA reminding me that I had 0% on BTs. I joked saying if you raised my limit above 1000 then I would love to transfer my balances. She laughed and said I could apply for a CLI. 3 glasses of wine later I was feeling brave. Filled out the form and asked for $3000 and got the 7-10 day message. I assumed declined. Logged in today and what do I find? My CL was increased from $1000 to $3000. I jut got the card in Febuary and the third statement has not cut. Pretty happy right now. Smiley Happy

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Congrats! Liquid courage paid off!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 3 of 9
kyjd-2015
Established Member

Indeed.
EQ-679 TU-721 EX-?

Citi Diamond Preferred ($1K) Cap One Venture ($2500) Discover IT ($4400) Chase Slate ($400) BofA Case Visa ($1000) CiTi AA ($2800)
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 5 of 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I recently sent a secured message to bofa this past weekend to see if i could get an increase on my BB MC for another balance transfer. Got the card in March with initial limit of 2000, asked for a CLI upon activation for a balance transfer and they bumped it to 4k. This time i was requestin a bump of 3k for a total limit of 7k. They asked for my information and they told me to contact a credit analyst on Monday. Well to my surprise i wasnt told that it would be a HP and got an alert from TU that they did one that same Monday. I called and asked the analyst that i wanted to make sure first if it would have to be a HP but there was no point now cuz it happened anyways. He asked me if i wanted to proceed with the request or wanted to cancel it. If i did he would then put in a request to remove the INQ from my report. I told since the deadline for 0% balance transfer transactions had just expired there was no point anymore. I didnt want to push my luck with them so told him that i would just wait until i had more history with the card.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 9
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

i did the same thing last night open the card 1-23-2013 initial limit 4K secured message did the balance transfer excuse raised it up to 12K max it out last month paid it off before statement cut this month secured message again asked for 20K got the usual 3-7 days log in today and they gave me 17K not bad so far no alert!

in my wallet

200kSmiley Mad

Message 7 of 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@mr_postman wrote:

i did the same thing last night open the card 1-23-2013 initial limit 4K secured message did the balance transfer excuse raised it up to 12K max it out last month paid it off before statement cut this month secured message again asked for 20K got the usual 3-7 days log in today and they gave me 17K not bad so far no alert!

in my wallet

200kSmiley Mad

did you ever contact an analyst?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 9
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@mr_postman wrote:

in my wallet

200kSmiley Mad

did you ever contact an analyst?

no everything was done through secure messaging 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.