Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Premium Rewards Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Premium Rewards Approval

Good morning and Happy Holidays everyone!

I've been really inactive in the last year or so but I thought I would share my approval as a data point for other users.

This morning I applied and was approved for the BOA PR Card!

SL: $10,900 (odd #)

TU: 748

INQ: 3 in the last 12 months

BOA Cards: Cash Rewards, $4300 [May 2015] & Alaska Airlines VS, $5000 [April 2017]

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll help as much as I can.

Also, I really want to try for CLI's on the other BOA cards but I'm afraid they'll move the new BOA card's CL to the other cards - has anyone else had any recent experience with this?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Premium Rewards Approval

Congrats.

I feel like your scores and relative inactivity would support a CLI. BoA would also likely use the pull they used to open your Premium Rewards for your CLI.

I’d say if your income supports it go for it.

I don’t have direct experience with it but I got the Premium Rewards in October. I asked for a CLI on the Cash Rewards in November. I asked for a conservative amount (only $3K). The approval happened so quickly that I thought I left money on the table. So I asked for $2K more. It was granted. I still feel like I left money on the table but I decided to wait for next time as I didn’t need any more than what I asked for. The double dip CLI was the result of one pull. Perhaps, that’s a data point that folks here can use, although it’s not directly related to your question.
Message 2 of 18
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations, nice SL!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 18
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I won't do CLI unless you really need it.  I never click the CLI button...

Message 4 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, I really want to try for CLI's on the other BOA cards but I'm afraid they'll move the new BOA card's CL to the other cards - has anyone else had any recent experience with this?

Congrats on the approval!  When I opened my Premium Rewards, they automatically took $21k from my Travel Rewards card to do it.  I immediately applied for CLIs on my Travel Rewards and BankAmericard (which months before had $6k taken to open the $7500 Cash Rewards).  They gave me $5000 on my BankAmericard and $7100 on my Travel Rewards without touching the two newer cards, for a total of $75k to the penny across the 4 cards.  I believe I asked for $50k on each card.  There's no additional HP to do it, and you could always call them to manually reallocate credit lines if they do decide to take some from your new card.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, in my very short history with Boa, what holds back your cli is your total exposure in relation to your income. If you have significant income , your current 20k exposure should have room to growSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I won't do CLI unless you really need it.  I never click the CLI button...

This. If the other cards have useable enough limits for you, I would just leave it alone for a little while. Establish some more history with the 2 accounts plus the new one, then try for a CLI in 3-6 months. Then you'd be less likely to face a "reallocation CLI" situation.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to everyone!

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  When I opened my Premium Rewards, they automatically took $21k from my Travel Rewards card to do it.  I immediately applied for CLIs on my Travel Rewards and BankAmericard (which months before had $6k taken to open the $7500 Cash Rewards).  They gave me $5000 on my BankAmericard and $7100 on my Travel Rewards without touching the two newer cards, for a total of $75k to the penny across the 4 cards.  I believe I asked for $50k on each card.  There's no additional HP to do it, and you could always call them to manually reallocate credit lines if they do decide to take some from your new card.  Good luck!

Was the initial HP on EX or TU? My HP approval was on EX - will they use this HP or a completely new one on TU? I was always under the impression that CLI's for BOA was through a TU HP.

Message 8 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

New applications are almost always EX unless they have pulled a recent report for you. CLI requests are almost always TU unless they have pulled a recent report for you. I have had CLIs (plural) with no TU pull after applying for a new card with an EX pull, and I have had a new account with no EX pull after receiving CLIs (plural again) with a TU pull. They seem to be good for about 30 days either way you go.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
New applications are almost always EX unless they have pulled a recent report for you. CLI requests are almost always TU unless they have pulled a recent report for you. I have had CLIs (plural) with no TU pull after applying for a new card with an EX pull, and I have had a new account with no EX pull after receiving CLIs (plural again) with a TU pull. They seem to be good for about 30 days either way you go.

THANK YOU for the tip! Went for a CLI on both and now the Cash Rewards card is at $9,400 and my Alaska VS card is at $8,700! A card approval and 2 CLI's with 1 HP - not bad.

Thank you again Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.