Not applicable

Re: BOA Secured Graduated 15K [UPDATE: AF Removed & Siggy]

This is fantastic
Message 42 of 54
xnxo
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I forgot to update the update, lol. I was eventually able to have to fee removed, but I did it through the backdoor number listed on the forums. 

What number did you use? I emailed the EO but they were unable to remove my AF. Bummed!

Thanks!

BoA Cash Rewards $1.9k, Cap1 QS $1.1k, Amex ED $2k, Amex BCE $7.5k, Amex PRG: NPSL w/ Opt to Carry, Kohls $300, VS $2.8k, Paypal Credit $1.8K, Sears MC $4K, CareCredit $1k
12-6-13 EX FICO: 591
Current Score: EXP: 708 (FICO 1/2015) EQ: 740 (FICO 12/2014) TU: 750 (12/14/14 FAKO)
Goal score: 750 across by JAN 2018! Gardening as of AUG 21, 2017 - GOAL 12 MONTHS
Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I forgot to update the update, lol. I was eventually able to have to fee removed, but I did it through the backdoor number listed on the forums. 

What number did you use? I emailed the EO but they were unable to remove my AF. Bummed!

Thanks!

Here's the link to the thread with the backdoor numbers. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066  I don't remember which one I used, but I do know I had to keep pestering until they finally removed it. Good luck! 

Message 44 of 54
newhis
Valued Contributor

@xnxo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah, I don't like that some can get the AF removed and others don't. It should be AF while secured and when unsecured remove the AF also, easy as that.

Message 45 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@xnxo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah, I don't like that some can get the AF removed and others don't. It should be AF while secured and when unsecured remove the AF also, easy as that.

My card was never a secured card. After having the card for 7 years, they tacked on that fee. I guess after the Great Credit Limit Slash of 2009. 

Message 46 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! What a wonderful journey!!!! That is fantastic!!! 

Message 47 of 54
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 48 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oilcan12 wrote:

I have had a BOA secured VISA for 6 months with a limit of $2,500.

I called the number on the card and asked to have it unsecured and PC'd to a Cash Rewards Visa. The CSR complied with both requests and returned my deposit. However, he refused to raise the credit limit.

A couple of days later, I called the backdoor number and spoke to a credit analyst. He raised my limit to $15,000. This is now my highest non credit union limit.

The analyst also insisted that the card had never been a secured card. So, I pulled out my old credit reports. It turns out that the card had only reported as secured on Experian and Equifax. On Transunion it had always reported as unsecured.

UPDATE:  I sent an email to the EO and they removed the annual fee.

I would highly recommend the BOA secured card to anyone. In my opinion it is the best secured card available. It has worked out exceptionally well.

UPDATE:  When I emailed the EO, I had requested that my card be converted to a Cash Rewards Signature Visa. However, in spite of many attempts, I was unable to contact with the Customer Advocate assigned to my case. Apparently, she had been out sick the last few days. She just checked her messages and saw that I had been trying to contact her. So, she called me on a Saturday night to let me know that I was approved for a PC to the the Signature version of the card. Now, that is good customer service. 

I know this post is old, but I'm hoping you will receive this email. Is BOA reporting your BOA Visa Signature CL of 15K to all 3 credit bureaus? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Message 49 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.